Locked out of webserver (Connection not private) after latest update?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
With the latest update of BI (4.5.3.3), if the "Secure Only" option is unticked (as I have my system by default):

upload_2017-4-14_18-45-37.png

I cannot log into my webserver. I have confirmed this with two other BI servers - which worked as expected until applying the latest update.

This is the prompt I get. I've deleted and re-added user accounts to make sure the credentials are correct. They work with Secure Only turned on, otherwise I get this:
upload_2017-4-14_18-47-54.png

Has anyone else seen this? I've sent an email to Ken.

Last edited:

bdorring

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got some issue. I don't use "secure only" feature though. I have authentication set to "all connections" and can not login through website.
I tried creating new test account but still not able to.
I have scripts which enables/disables the alarm. And they no longer work.
I have rolled back to previous version (2 months old), until it is fixed or work out how to fix.
Is there a repository where you can get older releases, i.e. 4.5.3.2 ?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yes @bdorring, that's exactly the problem I'm having. Direct IP access works, but going through the WAN (dyndns URL) with secure only turned off does not work. Something went wrong. I'm just glad to see it's not just on the two systems I checked.

FWIW, you can turn on secure only on the server and still have WAN access. It's just not as convenient since it uses an HTML page to credential (vs. Windows cred box).

bdorring

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I need Secure only turned off, as the scripts I have written to enable/disable the alarm I can't get to function with secure only turned on.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I need Secure only turned off, as the scripts I have written to enable/disable the alarm I can't get to function with secure only turned on.
Me too... But in a pinch, if you're trying to remotely access cameras (as is the case for me logging into my vacation property), knowing there is a (less convenient) way to get to them is a relief.

mikeduncan

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, in this respect the update was a triumph lmao, I'm sure it'll be fixed right up and working again

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yes, one system has ui2, the other does not. Both systems stopped working with 4533. And neither default.htm or ui2.htm work with secure only turned off.

r34220

n3wb
Reaction score
Same here :(

Anyone have the 33bit version of 5.3.2?

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like 4.5.3.3 is thoroughly botched, as I've also been informed the option to limit certain users to certain camera groups is broken with this update. I'd expect another patch early next week (or even this weekend; it isn't unheard of for Ken to work on a weekend).

mikeduncan

n3wb
Reaction score
Same here :(

Anyone have the 33bit version of 5.3.2?
Gonna have a hard time finding that elusive 33 bit version XD

Just kidding, I bet someone has the 32 bit copy, if you haven't emailed support yet email them and ask for a link, wish I had it for you :/

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Gonna have a hard time finding that elusive 33 bit version XD

Just kidding, I bet someone has the 32 bit copy, if you haven't emailed support yet email them and ask for a link, wish I had it for you :/

I was gonna post that if it's anything like an extra chromosome, you probably don't want 33-bit. :)

To further confirm, a third BI system that I monitor remotely updated this morning, and it too is no longer viewable. I have full confidence in Ken. He's probably putting out all the fires as we speak.

PCRover

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I am glad to hear it is not just my system having this issue. I was going crazy trying to figure out what was wrong, even started to blame the last Windows update... I sure hope it gets corrected quickly as I can't leave my WAN side with no security.

mikeduncan

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I am glad to hear it is not just my system having this issue. I was going crazy trying to figure out what was wrong, even started to blame the last Windows update... I sure hope it gets corrected quickly as I can't leave my WAN side with no security.
If you are on 64 bit I posted link to previous update on page 1, just run it and you will be back in business, nobody's posted 32 bit yet though

Reaction score
They work with Secure Only turned on, otherwise I get this:
That for mentioning this. I had mine off, and it was an easy enough thign to enable it and fix the "not able to login " issue. I knwo that doesnt fix yours, but thanks for helping me get mine back rolling. :)