"Log in return time is up"

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What's going on here? My NVR and cams will run fine for a couple of days and then out of the blue, one will go black, when I look on the monitor connected to the NVR, I see "log in return time is up". Only way to fix is unplug the ethernet cable and plug it back in. Then it runs fine for a few more days. Happens on 2 different cams, both are HFW4300C cams. I have other HFW4300C cams that don't do this. Any ideas?

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah that's about all I could find on it too. Wish they were more specific.

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
some updates, cam went blank again today, so instead of unplugging and plugging it back in, I tried some troubleshooting. I am able to log in to the web interface of the cam and see all the settings. The live view of the video screen says "resource is limited, open video failed". Also looked at the log and it looks like its logging in and out repeatedly.

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That didn't help much in my case, It works fine on the IE browser when it's working on the NVR. Something about the login time bugged me so I set those two cameras on a separate login name and password to the NVR, maybe there are too many cams on one login. I'll see if that works.

dexterash

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello Guys!

Dan from evosec here (nope, we're not affiliated with DAHUA, but we do provide solutions based on their hardware... and our knowledge :D ).
Usually "Log in return time is up" is linked to network problems - firewalls, port forwarding settings, restrictions, maybe malware or some bad hardware etc.

Try to isolate the surveillance system and do it only only-TCP-wise.

I doubt you will ever have problems again...

dexterash

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Lol! Well, it gets a lot of attention from/by searches.
So, you're one of those that in 4 months after you get "erased" will become a zombie? :D

By the way, thanks for taking your zombie time to prove that my time is zombie-wise-somehow... Nice imgflip.com move! ;)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If its 7 pages deep into one of the less active subforums on this site, its a dead thread.. that is of course until someone comes by and brings it back from the dead :p

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Guys!

Dan from evosec here (nope, we're not affiliated with DAHUA, but we do provide solutions based on their hardware... and our knowledge :D ).
Usually "Log in return time is up" is linked to network problems - firewalls, port forwarding settings, restrictions, maybe malware or some bad hardware etc.

Try to isolate the surveillance system and do it only only-TCP-wise.

I doubt you will ever have problems again...
sounds possible, but why wouldn't any of my other cams be doing this then?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
sounds like your camera is overloaded, how many streams is it providing.. usually backing down the bitrate is the simplest fix.

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they are all setup the same, main stream to the nvr and a sub stream for live. I'll check them though.

dexterash

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What's the outcome of the check? Figured out the problem?

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope, still just unplugging and plugging back in the Ethernet cable when they quit on me.

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has this been resolved? I've got the same problem
The usual suspects apply.....
  1. Reboot Camera
  2. Reset Defaults
  3. Disconnect from internet and run cameras using only an internal private network.
If 1 and 2 don't fix it. Try 3. If that works out, make sure ports to camera are not forwarded outside of the private network.

If you have trip wires or intrusion set up, turn on live view to make sure camera isn't arbitrarily tracking something it shouldn't be. My camera would track a light pole for some reason if I had it at a certain angle. The light pole never moved obviously but the green box remained fixated on it. Maybe the camera was chewing up resources tracking something that was of no consequence. Ended up tweaking the angles ever so slightly until it was happy with what it was seeing.

Last but not least, try turning down the frame rates and disabling any un-used sub streams.

As pretty as some ridiculous high frame rates are, it puts more stress on the cameras cpu tracking abilities if you got 8Mbit streams trying to pump out 60 frames / sec etc......keep it real when it comes to recording. ;)

Reaction score
I have the same problem, but it might be a timing or resource issue, as it only started when I added my 15th camera to a 16 POE NVR. When it first happened, I switched cameras and it was still on whatever camera logged in last. From the message, you'd expect Dahua would have a setting someplace to adjust whatever the login return time is, and that that would do it.

Reaction score
Hi I have a same problem that “Login in return time is up”. I tried all the way reduce resolution ... but the problem did not solve, when unpluged and pluged it work normal for 1 or 2 days after that it show the message again. I thought about the switch. Then I tried replace a new switch and now it work good for 1 week and no problem. You should replace a new gigabit switch 24 port if you use 16 camera and 12 port for 8, try tp link or a better brand I think the problem will be solved.

I tried create new account to help everyone who have a same problem with me so forgive me about my bad english.