Login to BI webserver with a specific user

robl

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two users on BI: Admin and user2. When I login to BI webserver from the internet (port forwading is fine) or the local lan it always defaults to user2. How would I login to the webserver as Admin or any other user that I should later choose to add at a later date. TIA

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have two users on BI: Admin and user2. When I login to BI webserver from the internet (port forwading is fine) or the local lan it always defaults to user2. How would I login to the webserver as Admin or any other user that I should later choose to add at a later date. TIA
you need to enter the admin username and password.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
clarify please. If i login to the webserver like: http://mydomain.org:81 then I am loged as user2. If I want to login as user "admin" what would be the syntax to satisfy your response
When you hit the webserver it asks for a username and password....enter admin and the password...doesnt get any simpler than that.

robl

n3wb
Reaction score
I had authentication turned off. What I am trying for is to broadcast 1 of the 4 cameras to the www and not the other 3 cameras. But I also wanted to view all 4 cameras locally through a browser. I have set up a group to successfully achieve this. I was hoping that a user without a password could manage this but it does not appear that way.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had authentication turned off. What I am trying for is to broadcast 1 of the 4 cameras to the www and not the other 3 cameras. But I also wanted to view all 4 cameras locally through a browser locally. I have set up a group to successfully achieve this. I was hoping that a user without a password could manage this but it does not appear that way.
you dont want to leave your webserver open with no authentication....that is silly.

robl

n3wb
Reaction score
I would agree but I want to make the one camera public on the WWW. Its a bird feeder. Now to do this I have to "give out" the user/passwd pair associated with the group to load that one camera. Its getting late so I will review what I have tomorrow. I don't see any other way then to use groups to show specific cameras. This then requires that you login to the user with the same group that is assigned to the camera you wish to broadcast

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would agree but I want to make the one camera public on the WWW. Its a bird feeder. Now to do this I have to "give out" the user/passwd pair associated with the group to load that one camera. Its getting late so I will review what I have tomorrow. I don't see any other way then to use groups to show cameras specific cameras. This then requires that you login to the user with the same group assigned as assigned to the camera.
there are other better ways to embed the video in a webpage or stream to youtube (or similar) without giving everyone not only your ip address but telling them there is a video server there...

robl

n3wb
Reaction score
can you provide an example of embedding a BI camera in a webpage. I have done before but not with BI. Also a link to youtube streaming.

robl

n3wb
Reaction score
I offer the following link to login as a specific user to Blue Iris and view only one of X number of cameras:
Blue Iris Config . This is the scheme I came up with and it does work. Any comments or criticisms welcome.

also if anyone is interested in a "how to do YouTube live stream please have a look here: YouTube video streaming.

you can watch the actual video here: Squirrel Cam – usefulramblings