Logitech Alert 700e fixed for <$40

Keith L.

n3wb
Reaction score
Realize other 4+ year old threads have discussed this, but for the possible benefit of other Logitech Alert owners seeking solutions, I wanted to post here that I just easily and inexpensively replaced a failing 700e power adapter with a $9 iCreatin Wall Plug 48w POE (Power Over Ethernet) injector and a TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter, which sell as a pair for just $29.

There was no configuration required, literally plug and play straight out of the boxes, and Alert Commander immediately found and connected the camera just as before with the original power supply. No need to spend over $150-200 on an original OEM replacement!

Kudos to Logitech for using reliable hardware standards in these cameras, and thanks to those who've made posts in this forum that helped me figure out this cost effective solution.

As for why we bother to keep our Alert cameras in this era of smart, HD WiFi IP cams: Logitech Alert zone-based motion detection is free, the Windows app is one of the most user-friendly interfaces for residential surveillance (I find BlueIris unnecessarily technical, fwiw), the local camera SD to PC video download works seamlessly, and the Alert mobile app still works pretty well on both Android and iOS for live viewing. (In fact, I wish I could get my Foscams connected to Alert Commander, instead of using BI for those.)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Paul M1

n3wb
Reaction score
Realize other 4+ year old threads have discussed this, but for the possible benefit of other Logitech Alert owners seeking solutions, I wanted to post here that I just easily and inexpensively replaced a failing 700e power adapter with a $9 iCreatin Wall Plug 48w POE (Power Over Ethernet) injector and a TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter, which sell as a pair for just $29.

There was no configuration required, literally plug and play straight out of the boxes, and Alert Commander immediately found and connected the camera just as before with the original power supply. No need to spend over $150-200 on an original OEM replacement!

Kudos to Logitech for using reliable hardware standards in these cameras, and thanks to those who've made posts in this forum that helped me figure out this cost effective solution.

As for why we bother to keep our Alert cameras in this era of smart, HD WiFi IP cams: Logitech Alert zone-based motion detection is free, the Windows app is one of the most user-friendly interfaces for residential surveillance (I find BlueIris unnecessarily technical, fwiw), the local camera SD to PC video download works seamlessly, and the Alert mobile app still works pretty well on both Android and iOS for live viewing. (In fact, I wish I could get my Foscams connected to Alert Commander, instead of using BI for those.)

Thank you very much Keith ! You saved me a bunch of money. Just been out to get what you suggested, and YES the fix works, and I have my cameras running again.

This was really really great.

Paul

Keith L.

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much Keith ! You saved me a bunch of money. Just been out to get what you suggested, and YES the fix works, and I have my cameras running again.

This was really really great.

Paul
Great to hear, Paul! Love the Interwebs. :)

neil_858

n3wb
Reaction score

this is a great find! I have 4 of these logitech cameras and didn't realize it was the power adapters (LA700e) failing. Do I have to get the TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter? My Logitech NA750 network adapter still works fine. Can i just get away with using just the iCreatin wall plug (PoE Injector) or any wall plug with 48.0V - .5A to replace the Logitech LA700e power supply?

Keith L.

n3wb
Reaction score
Do I have to get the TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter? My Logitech NA750 network adapter still works fine. Can i just get away with using just the iCreatin wall plug (PoE Injector) or any wall plug with 48.0V - .5A to replace the Logitech LA700e power supply?
If I'm understanding correctly, your situation is same as mine, so you do need both products, the Creatin to power the 700e, and the TP-Link to connect it to powerline ethernet back to the NA750 attached at your network hub. The original 700e power adapter integrates these two devices into one, essentially.

Dingoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Keith, i have a few of la700e adapters coming to fail i have let them repair but it is not the good solution. I want to go for the Poe power injector and the Poe adapter but i don't understand the combination of this two ?
Do i need 2 wall outlets ? Do you have or can you make a photo of this installation and if you do can you posted to me. I know a lot and I'm pretty handy but here I get stuck. Thanks for an answer