Logitech Alert 700e

jessb_55

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these 700e cameras?

So I recently bought a few of these add on cameras without realizing that you have to have a subscription to use the management software so I decided to sell them and purchase some other IP camera system for myself. So I sold the first camera on Ebay and the buyer says it's defective as he can't get the status light light, he only gets the red power lights. I had two others that were in the sealed boxes that I also checked and I don't get the bottom light to light up on those either but I do have one other used one and the bottom light is white. So my question is is there a way for me to test these cameras as I'm now worried about selling them and getting my money back being there are differences between the units I have. From what I found online it does seem like that bottom light should be lit but I'm wondering if that's only the case after they are "Setup" etc? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Those are old cameras that Logitech discontinued in 2015. I had that system and was furious at the time that Logitech just decided it wasn't worth their time and dropped out of that business. I hope you did not pay a lot for them - they were expensive at the time, but other cameras are so much better now.

You do not need a paid subscription for them. But you had to buy the 750e base system camera that came with the software that has to be ran on a PC. If you just bought the 700e add-on cameras, they are useless without the "base" 750e software.

It can be quirky to get them going. If they have the 750e, then I suspect the user is missing a step to get the light to turn green, and will never turn green without the software. I think the red light on the bottom meant it failed to boot up, and resetting the camera may get them going. White I think was it was updating software, which would be weird for a discontinued system.

The only way to test those is to "install" them. All of mine failed eventually by simply quitting to work as in the light never came on and they were dead. So if you have a light on the bottom, that is usually good, but you need the 750e master software for the add-on to work.

Last edited:

jessb_55

n3wb
Reaction score
wittaj thanks so much for the response and advice. I know the user has the software because they have several other cameras. What I'm the most uneasy about is why these brand new cameras don't have any lights other than the two red lights on the front by the lens? Do you know if that's normal behavior? At the very least I suppose I could sell these as having good power supplies, if that's the case is it safe to assume that if the cameras light up that the power supplies are good?

Thanks In Advance

jessb_55

n3wb
Reaction score
oh and is there any way these can just be used as a stand alone IP camera with some other service?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
While they may be still packaged and sealed, they are not new and could have been sitting for over 5 years somewhere. A capacitor or any type of component could have gone bad without a power source for that many years/

It has a light on the actual bottom of the camera, and then lights on the front part with the lens. The red light beneath the lens are either the IR or it means it is recording, depending on where the red is. I thought you meant the light on the underbelly of the camera? If it was two red lights on the vertical front that is the infrared lights.

The power supplies would be good if they are at least lighting up the camera, and those would be worth something.

I know that some people have got these units to work with Blue Iris, but I believe the camera first had to be recognized and established in the 750e master system before you could do anything with it.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these 700e cameras?

So I recently bought a few of these add on cameras without realizing that you have to have a subscription to use the management software so I decided to sell them and purchase some other IP camera system for myself. So I sold the first camera on Ebay and the buyer says it's defective as he can't get the status light light, he only gets the red power lights. I had two others that were in the sealed boxes that I also checked and I don't get the bottom light to light up on those either but I do have one other used one and the bottom light is white. So my question is is there a way for me to test these cameras as I'm now worried about selling them and getting my money back being there are differences between the units I have. From what I found online it does seem like that bottom light should be lit but I'm wondering if that's only the case after they are "Setup" etc? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Hi @jessb_55

On a quick search I found this spec associated with the 700 model logitech cameras

"Weatherproof3 HD 720p video camera with high-powered night vision illumination makes it easier to recognize important details—day or night, rain or shine"

Unless you got these as a gift I would return them and get a newer camera..