Logitech c930e mjpg

ianski

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using BI4 and have been trying to get this Logitech c930e Webcam to work at 1920x1080 at more than 5fps, but no luck.

I have tried 64bit versions of Windows 7 and 10. Not tried 32bit yet but will as a last resort. I know 10 has issues when it comes to MJPG compression due to the recent Anniversary Update but I didn't think 7 did too.

I was beginning to think it was due to updating the Webcam firmware to the latest version that has caused the issue but the thing is, I can get my desired settings in other 'capture' software such as Amcap and OBS Studio as they seem to keep the settings I choose when selecting between YUY2 and MJPG in the Stream/Format Color Space/Compression properties but BI just will not accept or keep MJPG.

I have tried using the AdvancedCameraSettings_r2 and 3 java app to see if that helped but to luck there either.

Anyone else facing this issue? If not, think I'll have to return the Webcam which is a shame as it makes for a decent CCTV camera with HD Wide Angle lens.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

TheWhiteKnight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I actually just added this camera myself and wondering the same thing. I had a bit of trouble adding it to BI until I realized it was the audio on Directshow causing the problem. Switching it to IP Streaming resolved the no signal issue but other than that I've currently settled on the 5fps..