Long Range POE Cable Run

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking to see what my options are. Need a camera that will be located somewhere near 250m half way down a lane way. There is no electricity so the camera needs to be powered by Poe.

Is there anyway to run Poe to the camera at such a distance? Not sure on the camera to use and if to use a fixed or ptz cam.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking to see what my options are. Need a camera that will be located somewhere near 250m half way down a lane way. There is no electricity so the camera needs to be powered by Poe.

Is there anyway to run Poe to the camera at such a distance? Not sure on the camera to use and if to use a fixed or ptz cam.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
you can use a dahua epoe camera with an epoe switch
Dahua Technology Launches ePoE IP System
or Ethernet Extender - Long Range Ethernet - LONGSPAN extends Ethernet and POE 800m+

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not sure on the camera to use and if to use a fixed or ptz cam
I would definitely go for the fixed camera. Check on the power requirements of both the camera and switch/NVR. A ptz will more likely require higher power (Poe+) and at that distance may be a problem. Use good quality cable too.

Let us know how your install goes.

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Both the ePoe and the veracity devices look perfect. Not cheap especially the Veracity stuff.

Not sure why Veracity don’t do kits. If one didn’t read it correctly you wouldn’t know you have to buy two devices for it to work.

I will let you know it it all goes.

Cheers

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Both the ePoe and the veracity devices look perfect. Not cheap especially the Veracity stuff.

Not sure why Veracity don’t do kits. If one didn’t read it correctly you wouldn’t know you have to buy two devices for it to work.

I will let you know it it all goes.

Cheers
yes, the dahua epoe makes more sense....this switch is 159 via bandh...you need to login to get that price
Dahua Technology 4-Port Long-Distance Ethernet DH-PFL2106-4ET-96
not sure if @EMPIRETECANDY stocks these....but they are about 130 via ali
then all you need is an epoe camera....