Long time listener, first time caller...

ericlemson

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Eric and live in the Greenville, SC area. I've been a member of this forum for several years, ever since I became interested in installing my own camera system at my house. I previously handled the eastern sales territory for Sealevel Systems for 8+ years which is where I heard about Blue Iris Software. We had people call in on a regular basis to buy I/O for their BI system and Ken and I had talked about our upcoming products, product testing, etc. on occasion. 7 months ago, I was blessed to land a commercial sales position with Priority One Security in the upstate of SC and now design and sell video surveillance systems, and other security products including intrusion systems, access control, gate control, etc. I'm passionate about video surveillance and absolutely love my job!

I pieced together my current home surveillance system several years back using Amcrest PoE cameras and a repurposed i7 laptop running BI. However, I'm now in upgrade mode and excited to look at options. I plan to add several Samsung Wisenet, Honeywell, and Avigilon cameras to my system since these are the primary brands I sell and hope to use my system a way to demo the quality. I will continue to use BI so I can be camera agnostic, but need to upgrade my computer. As I type, my "surveillance laptop" is having major fan issues and on the verge of failing. I've replaced the screen and hinges once (kids!) and don't intend on opening her up again. So, I'm looking at the recommended hardware list on this site and hope to find a sub $300 used desktop to add to my system along with some other upgrades like a POE switch vs. injectors like I currently have.

I've learned a lot on this site and of course through my new career with Priority One and look forward to sharing the details of my system as I upgrade.

Cheers!

Eric Sikes
Easley, SC

ericlemson

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I've certainly realized that. What started out as a two camera installation, quickly turned into a larger install and I only used the laptop as it was collecting dust at the time and had the horsepower. And, I was using a NFS BI license that Ken gave me so that I could do some I/O and Camera testing. However, I'm hoping to get everything upgraded by year end and just purchased the BI V5 license.