Longse 8MP VF with 1/1.8" sensor SD-card recording resolution

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi all,

I picked up a used Longse 8MP VF turret, model LIRAB3XSV800_8mp_3xVF just to play with as the price was too good to pass up. Its got a CS lens with 3.6-11mm (3x) zoom and 1/1.8" sensor (OmniVision's OS08A10 )

I've got it up and running (standalone) with an SD card, initially only recording on motion. When I use the 'playback' UI in the web interface to browse motion recordings, they are all at low resolution (second stream?. If I enable 'normal' recording in the 'configuration/system/SDcard/Rec Setup' screen, those (24hr/day) recordings are of the main 8mp stream, as expected.

Anyone know of the 'alarm' vs 'normal' recording is just hardcoded to be this way? I can't find any UI to control which stream is recorded for either mechanism. If it's hardcoded to be that way, sure seems backwards, as I'd prefer the 24hr recording to be low rez, while the motion/alarm recording would be more useful at full resolution... It's not really a problem, per-se, as I generally use BI for recording. Just curious if anyone experienced with these can confirm this behavior or point me at any configuration parameters I might have missed that control this...

Thanx, Paul.

Last edited:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
hee hee. yeah, Longse doesn't exactly have a great rep around here. That said, this unit seems to be sturdier and has nicer features/specs than the original 'darkfighter killer' S500 that made a splash here a few years back, only to have horrid reliability issues...