Longse LBW60S400 @ $34.80 Any Good?

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looking to fill in with few inexpensive cameras and i was looking at the Longse LBW60S400 , They have a special now.

Not sure how good they are,at the low 4MP.

Thanks

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You get what you pay for IMO and $34.80 is not very much to pay for a camera. However, I think you should try it and let us know what you think @patrocle! That camera comes with the OV4689 sensor which I haven't read anything about. Do it for the team patrocle!

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, trying is good and healthy :loyal: IMO! But trying to fill dead spots where the best cameras don't .
Shipping cost is all most the same as the camera :rapture:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
4mp OV4689 will be as crappy as those in Hikvision 4 mp. Not worth it

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Patrocle, queue up this YouTube video while I explain this to you brother...

"One for the team" means we must sometimes have to sacrifice our own personal wants and needs for the betterment of the team. That -- sometimes -- each of us must make sacrifices for our brothers and our sisters. Yes, sometimes it hurts. Sometimes there is pain. Sometimes there is regret. And sometimes there are unintended Visa bills...but in the end your sacrifice will help us all...ALL I SAY..become more proficient camera hooker upers. Now get into the game patrocle and purchase that damn camera!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Q2U, I bet you used to be a great drug dealer.. that is til you started dipping into the product. :p

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Patrocle, queue up this YouTube video while I explain this to you brother...

"One for the team" means we must sometimes have to sacrifice our own personal wants and needs for the betterment of the team. That -- sometimes -- each of us must make sacrifices for our brothers and our sisters. Yes, sometimes it hurts. Sometimes there is pain. Sometimes there is regret. And sometimes there are unintended Visa bills...but in the end your sacrifice will help us all...ALL I SAY..become more proficient camera hooker upers. Now get into the game patrocle and purchase that damn camera!

Hmm, Cool video! Used to sign that in my church when was a kid! Nice one.
"Now get into the game patrocle and purchase that damn camera!" Wife say that i have to many cameras,so i am trying to get into the game when wife not looking! and then bammm, wife say "12 cameras?" last time i check was 9...:cool:

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
4mp OV4689 will be as crappy as those in Hikvision 4 mp. Not worth it
Ok I see.

So what you looking at the specs when buying a cam?
>chip (Hi3516A)
>mm (3.6 or others)
>MP (5 and up..)
> How about 1/1.8" what this do? i some have 1/3" , whats the difference?

Wanted something at 5MP but to stay under 100$ with shipping but i don't think will find that!

Got the LBW90S500 , And may need 2 more but cheaper to fill in some blank spots around the house.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
s500 is the only option currently if you more pixels without compromising night IQ. You want large sensor which is what 1/1.8 number is all about. If you see 1/3 modern sensor size and lots of pixels you are guaranteed crappy image at night. For example compare sensor sizes for Hikvision 2-line 4/5MP cams vs 4-line 6MP cams and how much they cost.

http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/products_508.html

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
s500 is the only option currently if you more pixels without compromising night IQ. You want large sensor which is what 1/1.8 number is all about. If you see 1/3 modern sensor size and lots of pixels you are guaranteed crappy image at night. For example compare sensor sizes for Hikvision 2-line 4/5MP cams vs 4-line 6MP cams and how much they cost.

http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/products_508.html
Hmm, $800..wow

The S500 , Are you talking about LRDC60S500 or the LBW90S500?

I may get one LRDC60S500 to see how is it, all most the same specs as LBW90S500.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, $800..wow

The S500 , Are you talking about LRDC60S500 or the LBW90S500?

I may get one LRDC60S500 to see how is it, all most the same specs as LBW90S500.
Same spec, yes...but my subjective gut assessment is that my LBW90S500 produces slightly better images than my LRDC60S500 does. IMO YMMV $.02

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Same spec, yes...but my subjective gut assessment is that my LBW90S500 produces slightly better images than my LRDC60S500 does. IMO YMMV $.02
Yes, that could be true as lens also play role, albeit in this case smaller one

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, updates in IP cam technology are much slower then something like smartphones.
Unfortunately? fuuuck, I cant imagine replacing my surveillance system every year just to be told I am holding it the wrong way.. if IPCams were smartphones the domes would be made of glass heh.

It moves faster today than it did a decade ago, but this is an industry where people dump a bunch of money into once and leave no budget for upgrades and improvements.. Look at all the analouge crap still out there.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I am fine replacing every year if there are substantial improvements, but really the choice is yours, you don't have to replace anything unless you want to or it craps out. Personally I update most of my electronics after 1-2 year cycle.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
my desktop is 8 years old, my phone is 4, my TV is 10 years old.. yet my house is smart from top to bottom, I got far too much electronics to be replacing them every 1-2 years or my entire salary would just be spent on toys and the'd take my house away.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Ouch... that must be painful... well my house isn't smart but my wife is and lets me update the tools and not making me suffer with 4 year old phone or 8 year old desktop :)