Looking for a <$200 PTZ colour cam

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a Dahua outdoor PTZ which is not very expensive but that can track a person when he approaches and that can operate in fairly low light?
I gave seen some dome cams
have seen
1A404XB-GNR
and
1A404XB-GNR-W
SD22204T-GN-W
PTZ 22204UE-GN
1A203T-GN

But I read in reviews that they need quite some light.
Also I do not thing they can track a person.
Are there other reasonable priced PTZ that I should look at?

Last edited:

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bradner @bigredfish Thanks for the response.
I want to be able to see the face of the intruder.
I already have a IPC-T5442T-ZE for testing and it is quite good with colors even with available light out of the box.
An I need 2 more camera's for the side of my house that is a 10 meter pathway where I want a camera at bot ends and they will also have a partial view on the adjacent open space. There I thought the PTZ would have additional value

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I first installed my PTZ's I thought the same as you but after a year or so, what @bigredfish mentions above is so true. I installed other cams (5442's btw) for true coverage and recording and use the PTZ's for overall "bonus" coverage and using my fixed cams as spotting cams for the PTZ. For example my PTZ misses action when it autotracks something and then misses activity back in the original FOV, but one of my fixed 5442's will capture it thankfully. I can't rely on the PTZ for being in the right spot at the right time. When it is, it's fantastic because it will have likely zoomed in and given me a tighter view, but that doesn't happen as frequently as I'd originally hoped it would. PTZ's would be the last cams I would add, after everything else was covered by fixed cams.

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bradner @bigredfish Thanks for this valuable info. I think I will stick to the IPC-T5442T-ZE for the other camerás at both ends pf the path. There is a fence to the side of that path and I will aim the camera 's for the whole path and some coverage outside the fence.. I will add some (2 or 3 ) LED lightbulbs at both sides of the fence so I will have more light available so better image. Ik must say the image of the 5442 is amazing with low light