Looking for a cheap small PTZ

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm looking for a cheap PTZ.

It can even be crap like a Foscam. It is not for anything security important...Just going to use it to watch my new bee hive, so no biggie if it crashes occasionally or not the best image, etc.
But it does need to be:
POE powered
Outdoor rated - can handle rain, heat, humidity
Have IR for a night image
Be as small as possible
Any amount of Zoom, like 4x or so would be great but the zoom is not absolutely mandatory.
Cheap like < $85 bucks if possible.
Anything like that exist?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

It can even be crap like a Foscam. It is not for anything security important...Just going to use it to watch my new bee hive, so no biggie if it crashes occasionally or not the best image, etc.
But it does need to be:
POE powered
Be as small as possible
Any amount of Zoom, like 4x or so would be great but the zoom is not absolutely mandatory.
There is no outdoor rated ptz for 85 dollars...

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@fenderman you know you are a real buzz kill every time you tell us we can't have all we want in a camera for the low price we want pay.:smash:

But ok, how about no z?
I know I've seen some pan tilts under $80 before.
But don't recall where.
Also found some HQ $30 fixed cams that may do in a pinch if absolutely necessary.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
PTZ (Z or not) + POE + Outdoor + $85 will be difficult. It's kind of a pick any two sort of deal.

WiFi you can find some off-brands at about that price point. Indoor PTZs are easy. Fixed are easy.

Even the cheapest Amcrest or Foscam outdoor POE PTZ without zoom will be more like $100-ish.

I have a couple of cheesy ones that I picked up real cheap but that was a one-off kind of deal and I still wouldn't really recommend them. I've used some of the cheapy indoor cams outdoors under cover but they won't work if it's exposed to any weather.

Probably better off with a decent inexpensive fixed cam that actually works.

Avareh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

But it does need to be:
You can find here enough 1.0MP outdoor PTZ with often 4x Zoom IP camera's, few even POE and with IR. And there would be a big sale in 2 days so you may
find a good one at AliExpress. Just don't expect high resolution or being good in low light or even higher number of zoom for that price!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

But it does need to be:
POE powered
Be as small as possible
This would be about close as you'll get for a decent cam. NOTE: it is NOT rated for outdoor use. But, members here have used it outdoors in protected locations successfully. Should be able to find for less than $150.00

SD29204T-GN | Dahua Technology - Dahua Technology

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
thanks but this will be unprotected outdoor...basically mounted on a small post next to the bee box. So it would get full wind and rain