Looking for a Hikvision viewer for iPad, for continuous use

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an old iPad that I want to dedicate to showing a camera view. My cameras are LTS/Hikvision.

I've installed an old version of the official Hikvision app, but it has two problems.

One, it won't show a high def stream without the screen turning green or a low memory warning. The iPad is old and weak, this may not be surmountable.

Two, and worse, the video feed lags behind realtime and after hours of on time, eventually freezes.

If anyone can recommend other free camera stream viewer apps that will work with a Hikvision-style NVR, I would appreciate it.

It may be possible to find a laptop and an old monitor that I can do this with, but I have the tablet already so I'd like to get it working properly if I can!

(I have a similar issue with an older Android tablet so I am making a post in that forum too!)

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am having the same issues. I have Amcrest (Dahua) cameras and both the Amcrest VIew Pro and Dahua iOS app can be used to viewed the cameras. But after about 4-6 days, the feed will disappear from all the cameras requiring me to manually load the cameras again. It's a 2-3 step process but just annoying as to why the feed just cuts out. I have a brand new 2018 iPad 9.7", the latest generation one.