Looking for discreet outdoor cameras

zergom

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking for discreet network cameras for the outside of my house. I'll be installing just under my eaves so they won't have direct moisture exposure. Love the video quality on the Dahua turrets, but they look a bit large and obvious for my liking (dark red siding with dark charcoal trims).

Budget is around $200 per camera, planning to connect to Blue Iris.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can always use some plastidip on the cameras to match your trim.

zergom

n3wb
Reaction score
You can always use some plastidip on the cameras to match your trim.
Yeah, but they're still rather large, and plastidip doesn't hold up terribly well either. I'd prefer to look at other camera options and maybe go down that road as a last resort.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is your house 1 or 2 stories? I've got a hikvision turret under my 1st story eave, since it's white it blends in with the trim, most people don't notice it unless i point it out.

zergom

n3wb
Reaction score
Is your house 1 or 2 stories? I've got a hikvision turret under my 1st story eave, since it's white it blends in with the trim, most people don't notice it unless i point it out.
It's a bi-level, I could put a turret in one location that wouldn't be visible, but it would be accessible with a baseball bat or something like that if people felt like vandalizing it.