Looking for external port number of a Hikvision camera - can I get it from Hik-Connect or iVMS-4200?

stephenc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My camera has been up and running at a remote location for months and is accessible via Hik-Connect and iVMS

The external link however has suddenly failed although I've confirmed the exterior IP address has not and so I'm assuming either the port has changed or that the router has stopped forwarding the port so that I can access it

Is there any way I find remotely find the external port number it's (hopefully) broadcasting from without actually having to visit the property?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way I find remotely find the external port number it's (hopefully) broadcasting from without actually having to visit the property?
Notwithstanding the fact that 'port forwarding' lets the entire internet in to the target LAN - therefore with the possibility that the LAN may have been compromised by a hackbot -

If you use nmap against your target public IP address, it will show any listening ports.

Use a custom port range if you want to check the high ports as well as the default of the first 1,000.