Looking for firmware

Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this is not the best place for asking this, but I am trying to find firmware updates for an IP camera that was sold under many brand names. I bought it as a Boomoo floodlight camera from Amazon, but it has some shortcomings that, hopefully, a firmware update might resolve. They have been totally non-responsive support-wise, and scouring the web trying to track something down has been unproductive. I

It looks like lots of camera firmware has a degree of uniformity to the names, even between some brands. The firmware I am running on this camera is V11.2.7.2.1-20190306 and I think just the -20190306 part changes as the firmware increments.

Is there a database or place to track these sort of things down?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The odds are if you upgrade it will turn into a brick. Cameras are not PCs. Why exactly do you want to upgrade, what problem are you fixing.
The best place to get the latest firm ware is the vendor.

Reaction score
Mainly I want the floodlight to turn on when motion is detected, one of the primary reasons I bought it.

I saw people mentioning a new firmware in some Amazon reviews, and they suggested that it would fix the problem. Unfortunately, the support staff just don't respond to emails, and they have no website. An afternoon of searching led me to several different companies mentioning the same product under different names, but none had firmware available for download.

During that search I did find firmware for two different older wired bullet-type cameras I have at one of our properties, and updated those just for the heck of it, so that was a bit of unexpected joy, but nothing for this floodlight cam. Ideally, I will find one of the people who has the updated firmware that fixes the issue, and given the number of folks on this forum using cameras, it was worth the 90 seconds it took to ask.