Looking for indoor Wi-Fi Security Camera's.

Discussion in 'IP Cameras' started by Michael72, Dec 6, 2017 at 12:37 AM.

Share This Page

1. Michael72

Michael72 n3wb

Hi there. I'm new here...I recently purchased Lorex FXC22BK cameras (2 WiFi Home Security Cameras with 2K Super HD Resolution, Two Way Audio, 40ft Night Vision (2-pack)) - 2 WiFi Home Security Cameras with 2K Super HD Resolution, Two Way Audio, 40ft Night Vision (2-pack) and installed them last night. I was surprised that the quality of the video isn't as good as I was expecting. Also, I'm not able to hear anything from the mic using the FLIR mobile app. The motion detection will start recording after 5-7 second. So, not a good cameras.

Can anyone recommend me the Wi-Fi cameras that I can install home, I need like 3 or 4 of them. Something that would have 2-way talk, great video quality, ability to record to sd (or cloud), motion alert and other options.

Thank you in advance.

2. marku2

marku2 Getting the hang of it

Ok everyone one tell you wifi is not good and it isn’t
    I never use it but have hikvision cube and there pt ball cameras I set these up for the kids as there better than any baby cameras I’ve seen for a huge amount cheaper and can hook up to the phone app
    Dahua might make one but have never used one someone on the forum might be able to shed more light

3. marku2

Ok everyone one tell you wifi is not good and it isn’t
    I never use it but have hikvision cube and there pt ball cameras I set these up for the kids as there better than any baby cameras I’ve seen for a huge amount cheaper and can hook up to the phone app
    Dahua might make one but have never used one someone on the forum might be able to shed more light

4. Michael72

Michael72 n3wb

5. looney2ns

looney2ns Known around here

6. Michael72

Michael72 n3wb

7. marku2

The first one on the back of the sticker says it’s a 4mm lens the second one says nothing shame they don’t link the specific camera information so I would assume it’s a 2.8 mm but dont quote me on that
    They could be both the same and it’s just the price

8. looney2ns

9. looney2ns

Second one is also 4mm, its in the specs down the page.

marku2 likes this.
  10. Kawboy12R

Kawboy12R Known around here

@marku2 I ordered one off of Amazon that had no lens information posted and a 4mm arrived. I didn't really care which arrived but now that I've played with it a while I would probably prefer a 2.8mm as a puppy cam in the living room. You'd get more flexible mounting spots where you could see the whole room. The 4mm isn't 90 degrees so it needs almost a perfect corner spot to catch most of the room. If it's not in the corner you miss a lot. A lot less barrel distortion with the 4mm though.

11. t84a

t84a Getting the hang of it

12. Michael72

Michael72 n3wb

This is ridicules. All ANNKE 1080P IP Camera 2.0MP Wireless Cube Camera's comes with no power adapter. I have to buy it somewhere else. I wanted to order it on Amazon and check if I like it first, now I can't do it because there's no power adapter.

13. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

relax...it does in fact come with a power adapter - read the description....even if it did not, an adapter is a few bux...fyi most poe cameras do not come with adapters...amazon sells both power adapters and poe switches and injectors...grab a paper bag and breath..
    What is troublesome is how you got this false information..

14. mat200

mat200 Known around here

Welcome here @Michael72

a lot of people like this camera ( Hikvision Cube ), and the price point is very good.

Just remember to update the firmware as noted in the thread which looney2ns mentioned

15. marku2

Well if I does come with a power adapter your doing better than buying a Hikvision one as that comes with no power adapter
    Just set up the pir alarm you will be ok :welcome::winktongue:

16. Roman G

Roman G n3wb

17. marku2

I’m waiting for that moon ring floating camera to be shipped in a few mths time it can then turn on my ac before I get home :)

18. MrRalphMan

MrRalphMan Getting the hang of it

AS per the thread (NNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)) I also am playing with this camera and am using Wifi at the mo.
    When it gets moved, if it ever does, it will be hardwired and powered over POE, but at the mo Wifi is not causing any issue.

The only issue I have is that I cannot use the Smart Events, through my HIK NVR, that is after updating the Firmware too.

19. Michael72

Michael72 n3wb

I received my two new cameras from Q-See Wi-fi 4K Costco (QCW4K1MCW16) yesterday: Costco Wholesale and I was surprised of the video quality. Even with the complete dark room the quality of the video is amazing. I didn't figure out much how to work with their Q-See Plus app for android yet and was wondering if there any other solution for me to view these camera's on my phone. Maybe there's some king of universal application...tried to call customer service, as I was expected they are useless.

Manufacturer link: https://q-see.com/collections/wi-fi-plus-series/products/4k-wi-fi-cube-camera-qcw4k1mcw16

20. mat200

mat200 Known around here

Hi Michael72,

There should be several ways, many of the Q-see products I have seen at Costco clearly look like Dahua OEM products - and while I have not looked at the 4K indoor cameras from Dahua believe those also to be Dahua OEM.

Thus the first thing I would look at would be the Dahua apps and see if I can get it to work with them:
    iDMSS & gDMSS | Dahua Technology - Dahua Technology

Michael72 likes this.
  21. Michael72

Michael72 n3wb

I checked "easy4ip app" which was recommended by Dahua but this app doesn't have a good reviews. Do you know any other app I can use for Q-See Wi Fi camera's? Also, the Q-See camera's giving only 2 options: record to mini sd or to their Cloud, which has a monthly fee. I was wondering id there any other way for me to storage/save the video's? Thanks!

22. mat200

mat200 Known around here

Hi Michael72,

There's a ethernet port on those, I would try to connect and see what you can do with it as a wired camera.

If it is a ONVIF spec camera which has an available RTSP feed, there is a LOT of options.

wait... we're now talking about the Q-see cameras right? or the Lorex FLIR ones?

So, the Q-see cameras - I would try what I have "striked out"

The FLIR / Lorex ones referred to in the first post iirc are locked down like the Nest, Canary, Arlo, Ring, cameras...

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 2:10 PM
  23. Michael72

Michael72 n3wb

Hi mat200,

I actually purchases two sets of wi fi camera's. Lorex wi fi cube Flir and Q-See Wi Fi 4k. Huge difference, you can't even compare, the Q-See is much better video quality. So, I think I;ll stay with the Q-See 4K cube that I installed last night. The only issue that I don't want to pay $$ for Cloud so I need to find the Wi Fi solution to store the video's from my q-see camera's and try to find some good app to view my camera's on the phone.

Thanks!