looking for ip cam suggestions.

localdevjs

n3wb
Reaction score
I know you probably get this question a lot :)

But I'm looking for an IP camera to be used in live streaming events. Requirements are:
- > 10 times optical zoom (not digital)
- must be accessible via rtsp://xxxx
- must support PTZ
- must support onvif
- no distortion in lens, so people should look like people in real life, without skinny or fat faces etc
- should have pretty high quality images
- DVD resolution is fine; no need for 1080p since the resolution will be dropped anyway while streaming over our slow-ish internet connection
- price should be <= $500 or so.

I'm currently testing a Sunba 601-D20X. Mostly happy with it, but image quality could be better, therefore looking for other suggestions. It's also ... "massive" ... in terms of dimensions. Had no idea it was that physically large. Not a deal breaker though.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Sunba is junk - your requirements/expectations do not allow for sub $500. Either increase your budget or reduce your expectations.

Not trying to be short, but these same types of posts happen weekly. If you spend some time 10 min. looking around at the PTZ's posted/discussed on this site you would have your answers or at least a better understanding of what you get for $XXX

localdevjs

n3wb
Reaction score
Sunba is junk - your requirements/expectations do not allow for sub $500. Either increase your budget or reduce your expectations.

Not trying to be short, but these same types of posts happen weekly. If you spend some time 10 min. looking around at the PTZ's posted/discussed on this site you would have your answers or at least a better understanding of what you get for $XXX
In what way is the Sunba junk? Is it quality of device, or is the image quality much poorer than competeing products... ? Genuinely curious, I bought the Sunba after doing a bit of research and some really liking it, but that was before I discovered this forum.