Looking for LPR software

worble7

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All happy holidays,
What's the best lpr software for a good price i Iive in the states (California) I own a Axis Q1765-LE starting to think I bought the wrong camera anyway I'm running it with a dedicated computer POE switch I'm trying to catch plates 40-50 feet away I'm about 7 feet off the ground almost dead on to the target spot need about 12-15 feet target width.
now should I just get a dvr and run it with that? any idea's I would like I high lpr rate most out there are 50%-60% catch rate unless you go with the super high end systems for 7k plus. thanks in advance for you help and in put.

worble7

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for the reply's I forgot to tell you I have a lorex system 1080p I wasted my money on but I'm willing to start over and buy top notch stuff ugh so do you have any screen shots of the openalpr?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It has no interface to screenshot unless you pay; then they have screenshots on there website.. the alprd just monitors a MJPEG feed and extracts license plates in jpeg to store.. I'm working on a WebUI for it but its not ready for release or even teasers yet.

worble7

n3wb
Reaction score
hmm I might give it a try so looking at there page its free no interface and 50 a mo. with interface. I like your 180' read nice :) how hard is it to setup? I'm ok with a computer and will reformat the hard drive and start over if I have to :)