24 Cameras 4M/POE
24 hours/30 Days Record
Easy access by IOS/Android

Could you give me some recomendations

Thank you.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
a 4 MP camera continuous record at 15 FPS for 30 days will be about 1.7 TB of storage, based on good quality, depending on motion and video compression. So that is about 40 TB of data storage. You will need a NVR with a minimum of 6 8tb drives.

Look at using a separate POE switches in place of all internal POE switches, less chance of failure, spread your work load.
Check your incoming bandwidth, this is a limiting factor on a lot of NVRs, Look for 384 Mpbs or higher.

It is recommend that you keep the same brand NVR as your cameras so that you do not lose functionality.

look at DHI-NVR6A08-32-4KS2 I think that this may even be too small to support 24 4MP cameras. The big question is how low a frame rate are you will to go.

emersonvier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi may I ask for some advice about these devices by Uniview :
NVR NVR304-32EP-B
IPC322SR3-DVPF28-C
IPC3612ER3-PF28-C

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am not knowledgeable about UNIVIEW products. There is little info on the forum on UNIVIEW product reviews. I do not know the specifics of your application. I would go with the turret camera over the dome camera. The dome camera collects dirt and reflects the IR. Both cameras are using a 2.8mm lens, this will give you a good overview, but may not provide the detail needed to identify the bad guy. Both of the cameras are 2mp cameras with 2.8mm lens. There is no information about the CMOS sensor size. This information is critical if you need low light night coverage.

Not knowing the application, I would start with one good variable focus camera and test each camera location and verify the lens needed for the correct coverage. Test the coverage at night with a "Bad Guy" wearing a hoodie, will it identify the bad guy, will it be useful to the cops and stand up in court.

One of the supporting vendors sells UNIVIEW, I would contact Nelly's Security and see what they recommend for your specific application.

The current go to cameras are the dahua 5442 cameras with 4MP and using a 1/1.8 cmos sensor.

Cameras to look at
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED . Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+) - 4MP starlight
.................... Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED review
IPC-T5442TM-AS ..... Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ - 4MP starlight+
IPC-HDW5442t-ZE .... Dahua IPC-HDW5442T-ZE 4MP Varifocal Turret - Night Perfomance testing -- variable focus 2.7 mm-12mm 4 MP Starlight
IPC-B5442E-ZE ...... Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+ -- variable 2.7mm-12mm bullet
IPC-B5442E-Z4E .... bullet 8mm-32mm variable focus zoom 4MP
IPC-HFW7442H-Z ..... Review - Dahua IPC-HFW7442H-Z 4MP Ultra AI Varifocal Bullet Camera -- 4 MP variable focus AI

Read,study,plan before spending money ..... plan plan plan
Doing it right the first time will save you money.
Test do not guess

emersonvier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @SouthernYankee, for a quick answer.

I have these Uniview models byNelly's Security, but as you wrote I did see too many reviews or Infos about that models.

I like Dahua, I have for in my house, but I can not see official support in the US, this forum is fantastic to support.

I will install 20 inside a build, is it a factory, always has a light I don't need to identified faces, 4 will be to cover the parking lot then I think need to have better cameras.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have these Uniview models byNelly's Security, but as you wrote I did see too many reviews or Infos about that models.

I like Dahua, I have for in my house, but I can not see official support in the US, this forum is fantastic to support.

I will install 20 inside a build, is it a factory, always has a light I don't need to identified faces, 4 will be to cover the parking lot then I think need to have better cameras.
Is there a reason you could not purchase Dahua OEM from @EMPIRETECANDY a member here? He provides great support.

Or you could pay overpriced fees to hire an authorized dealer in the US for support?

But if you are looking to purchase and install Uniview, I do not see how that provides any real advantage from a support level? Especially if you are the ones to manage them anyway, wouldn't you want gear you are familiar with?