Looking for Outdoor camera

emersonvier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi I am looking for outdoor camera but the Price need to be less than 100usd

CYANiDE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Plenty of options. What type of recording and access to the camera do you want? Is local storage enough? Do you have power available there?

emersonvier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have power available
I will record on my NAS
I will access by BI mobile

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Where is the camera going to be installed? What do you hope to accomplish with the camera? Are you thinking of ID quality face shots for who did it, or general overview of what happened? Don't expect any ID quality shots from a general overview camera (wide angle lens) unless you get lucky enough that they walked up close to the camera. Are you expecting a front door camera to also ID folks that steal from you car? If you expand your budget to $170 US, you'll get a much better and more versatile camera in the Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z turret that's great in the dark, records sound, has an internal SD card slot for backup video in case someone steals your NAS, and has a varifocal lens so it's suitable for a variety of jobs and distances.

If you're stuck with a $100 budget, a fixed lens camera is in your future. 2.8mm lens is a good wide angle for general overview but poor for ID shots, particularly at night, even when the subject comes up close. 4mm is usually a minimum for me for outdoors for a number of reasons. Trying to cover a car from theft? Minimum of 6mm even if the car is parked 5-10 feet from the camera. ID quality at the end of a short driveway or at a curbside mailbox? Probably 12mm is what you want.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score