Looking for recomendations

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey all,
I am working on slowly moving away from my analog setup. I have installed many inexpensive analog systems so I am familiar with many of the basics of running cables and setting up coverage zones. I did find a way to integrate my current system directly with BI so I am going to eventually replace the important cameras with higher quality IP ones.

I want to add a few though in unimportant areas.. mainly these are for video triggering much more than detailed video. The will be mounted on the second story to keep watch over part of the sides on my house from a high angle.

I am looking for 3-4 inexpensive 2MP IP66 dome cameras with 2.8 to 3.6mm lenses. The more efficient cost wise, the more I will buy. I have come to the odd conclusion that it may not be much more expensive to use a basic camera where I had planned to use a motion trigger.

I buy from China all the time so the delays are not a concern. What are the best basic cameras to get to fill the need? I am using BI and I have decent storage and CPU power.