Looking for recommendations.

Steve-S63

n3wb
Reaction score
I currently have 2 web cams looking through windows to the outside of my home. They leave a bit to be desired. :rolleyes: I'm wondering if any of y'all could recommend an IP camera that has night vision capability that will not be hampered by looking through a window. My primary concern is any IR lights on the camera might reflect off the window and wash out the view. My front porch light is always on so there is light there. The sun is behind my home during the day but there is a lot of brightness on sunny days. I'm also rather cheap, hence the web cam route :D. I'm using Blue Iris but have just started using it so am still learning it's menus. I was using Ispy but when I upgraded to 64 bit os it stopped working with 2 identical web cams (MS Lifecam V3000). I've never used an IP camera before so ease of use would help though I'm not completely computer illiterate.

PS. Just found this on Aliexpress. Is it a good one?

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/NDHV7de

Thanks in advance for any help.
Steve-S63

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. No IR can view through glass, it will reflect...you need to disable the ir.
Why dont you mount the camera outside?
The camera you linked to is most likely junk..dont waste your money..look for dahua or hikvision cameras...

Steve-S63

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm renting an old mobile home and do not want to put holes in the walls for cables, so I'd rather have them inside. Thanks for the reply. What are other good sources for these camera's that might ship from US or at least N. America?

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lts security also. Nellys is a bit easier to order from though