Looking for something similar to a Ring or Nest motion detection with two-way intercom

Malcontent

n3wb
Reaction score
I swear I have been studying this site extensively since I found it yesterday. I've been looking at the different camera setups and solutions, and I am leaning towards a dedicated IP-based DVR. My wife is also desperately looking for something similar to a Ring or Nest type set up, as we have had several neighborhood criminal incidents involving packages being stolen and vehicles being broken into at night. To say the least, I'm not super impressed with either the Ring or Nest video offerings.

I'm open to any ideas. I've been thinking about getting a motion detection camera pointed at the front door or the driveway that would give us phone pop-ups even before anyone would ring the doorbell. But my wife likes the two-way intercom functionality as well. So if there is a two-way intercom/exterior camera combo that works aside from the Nest solution, I'm all ears. And if there are 2 standalone products that can be integrated through the DVR in the mobile monitoring software, that would also be awesome. If this is functionality that is better suited to a software solution like Blue Iris, then please let me know. I literally have a blank slate at this point.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Malcontent

Perhaps something along this lines

Dahua Stainless steel pane 1.3MP Villa Outdoor Station English without Logo VTO2000A vandal proof Support mobile phone software

Dahua Stainless steel pane 1.3MP Villa Outdoor Station English without Logo VTO2000A vandal proof Support mobile phone software-in Access Control Systems from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Included install box DAHUA VTO2000A 2 2 Wire IP Villa Outdoor Station-in CCTV Lenses from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

note - no endorsement on the vendor - just was also looking at options myself and I wanted to have an idea of pricing

Last edited:

Malcontent

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow, thanks. I'd be interested to know what software it supports, and what actual experiences folks have had. But at least I have a name. The other Villa models I saw on this site were in the $500 range, which is too steep.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, thanks. I'd be interested to know what software it supports, and what actual experiences folks have had. But at least I have a name. The other Villa models I saw on this site were in the $500 range, which is too steep.
HI Malcontent,

Checkout this forum I've seen some people using it here, would be good to ask them if they like it.
( search for dahua villa or something like that )

Ring Elite is something crazy also.. so this one at $135 looks good.. wished the res was better... but I guess that's ok as I have another camera covering the front door already.