Looking for webplugin.tar.bz2

dcartier

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to get my PTZ's working under Firefox on Linux, but the webplugin is not resolvable. Anyone have the needed file? My camera/firmware details are below.

Device Type SD6AL245U-HNI
System Version V2.800.0000000.5.R.E4.4510.9A.NR, Build Date: 2019-08-27
WEB Version V3.2.1.780791
ONVIF Version 18.12(V2.4.5.729857)
PTZ Version V3.02.93.RHNR_170518_22722

Any help in locating this plugin would be great.

Thanks,

Dennis

dcartier

n3wb
Reaction score
It's very likely to be Windows-specific.
What does the file unpack to?
I assume the tar would contain the plugin for Firefox on Linux. The link in the camera window upon logging in announces that you don't have the plugin loaded and when you click the provided link, then a 404 comes up as the tar file is missing. I am guessing that the camera is supposed to have various plugin packages in the root of it's web server, but appears to not, or at least not the one for Linux (which is what the tar file is likely going to contain if it were resolvable).

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I am guessing that the camera is supposed to have various plugin packages in the root of it's web server
Yes, that's usually the case.
It may be worth trying another browser, depending on how they have implemented the download code.
Does the download URL look feasible / have you tried it by itself on a new tab?

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The URL is composed of the IP address of the camera with the file (E.g. ). I will enable SSH and poke around to see what I can find.
Just out of curiosity, does Chromium work for what you're trying to do? (imho, I always went ahead with just Chrome but I know there are some linux people who won't do anything not completely open-sourced.) I'm just trying to find you an alternative that might work for you now and/or at least until you can get firefox to work.

dcartier

n3wb
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, does Chromium work for what you're trying to do? (imho, I always went ahead with just Chrome but I know there are some linux people who won't do anything not completely open-sourced.) I'm just trying to find you an alternative that might work for you now and/or at least until you can get firefox to work.
For the moment I can use the NaCL plugin in Chrome on a Mac for the PTZ's. I have bigger worries with the NVR update I just did causing RTSP streams to freeze after about an hour. Thanks though.