looking to make the jump to BI

Bubs

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Currently have a rebranded Dahua 16 ports POE running a mix of 4m and 2m and currently one 5M and one 8m for total of 14 cams Looking to go to BI and an the end of the day I will be running 21 cams with same mix descripted ready. I have a I7 7700K system, windows 10 pro OS running on M3 SSD.

I know I would have to add an wd purple HD for storage would this system work for what I trying to-do what are the up and down side to doing this

what are and cons of doing this

awahl101

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How many of each camera so we can get an idea?

Fps goal for these?

Trying to figure out the MP over all.

I would generally lean towards a xeon 6 or 8 core thread for this as i like to run my cameras as close to max fps as I can with a decent bit rate.

You want multiple recording drives as well i would say 4 to split the load up.

I dont think that cpu could handle that many cameras unless fps etc is set very low.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would generally lean towards a xeon 6 or 8 core thread for this as i like to run my cameras as close to max fps as I can with a decent bit rate.

poor choice as those xeons you are referencing dont use intel hardware acceleration..
No need for max fps...15 is overkill.

Bubs

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for you response the computer that I listed is a computer I already had for a different project. If will not work I just stay with my NVR which works well just has limited controls

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for you response the computer that I listed is a computer I already had for a different project. If will not work I just stay with my NVR which works well just has limited controls
it can easily work depending on your load...and it will be far superior to the NVR...

Bubs

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
fenderman are you respond to me as choice or awahl101

awahl101

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
poor choice as those xeons you are referencing dont use intel hardware acceleration..
No need for max fps...15 is overkill.
7700 has quick sync if i recall? I would say it would be fine then depending what settings are wanted.

Bubs

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
let me through out an other Idea leave some more plan Jane cam that do not require as much control on the NVR and the BI for ten cams or so ?