Lorex bundle - N881 16ch 4K NVR - will it work with ONVIF PTZ?

tazdev

n3wb
Reaction score
This 16-channel 3TB 4K NVR bundle with 4 x 4K cameras had a pretty good deal and I purchased it. These are Dahua cameras and NVR correct?
Edit: Lorex keeps changing stuff on their site.... The page now shows the LNB8973BW cameras but mine are LNB9232S.

NVR Spec sheet: (Doesn't mention ONVIF for some reason)

I should be able to use this ONVIF camera with the IP system over POE as well, correct? Or is it just a matter of getting a POE Booster?

Follow-up question - is there any way to use Blue Iris with this Lorex NVR?

Thanks so much for your help!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tazdev

n3wb
Reaction score
Total came out to $672.98 including taxes and shipping:
4 x 4K @ 30fps LNB9232S bullet cameras with audio (in only)
1 x 4K 16 ch N881 NVR with 3 TB
1 x 4MP 18x optical zoom PTZ camera with 2-way audio

This is a good deal right?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Total came out to $672.98 including taxes and shipping:
4 x 4K @ 30fps LNB9232S bullet cameras with audio (in only)
1 x 4K 16 ch N881 NVR with 3 TB
1 x 4MP 18x optical zoom PTZ camera with 2-way audio

This is a good deal right?
Hi @tazdev

It's a good deal.

NVR is a Dahua OEM NVR - looks like a NVR5216-16P-4KS2xx
The cameras and NVR do not support IVS.
( there's a lorex thread here which covers that NVR or a similar model where a member was able to install Dahua OEM firmware on it.. note, there was a couple of tricks to it - so only try it if you're comfortable with the risks )

The PTZ I would recommend a better one, as that one is not really that good ( 1/3" sensor.. )

tazdev

n3wb
Reaction score
Which PTZ would you recommend? I also haven’t been able to get this PTZ to work with the NVR over ONVIF at all.....

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Amazon gave an additional 20% off on top of that. Got an Amazon Amex and that took off another $125.
that's a sweet deal!

Which PTZ would you recommend? I also haven’t been able to get this PTZ to work with the NVR over ONVIF at all.....
Look for the Dahua OEM 2MP starlight PTZs - Andy Empiretecandy ( has an Amazon store also ) sells them. See the reviews first by members here to figure out which you like.
( there was a couple of lightning deals on Amazon this last week on another brand - those deals are over now, ... )

tazdev

n3wb
Reaction score
I have seen that starlight is touted as the best. However, I need a two-way audio for the application for this PTZ. I don’t recall seeing that on the Dahua Starlights. Are there any?