Lorex / Dahua issues with FlirCloud

ventilator

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I purchased the Lorex 8ch/4k camera package from Costco:
Costco Wholesale

I'm having a pretty bad experience with the FlirCloud software.

o the NVR seems to disappear and go offline periodically, then returns
o cameras go offline and I need to use the local admin tool on the NVR to reconnect them (hook up a display and use the USB mouse)
o configuring motion detection zones in FlirCloud does not configure properly (have to set these directly on the NVR using the display + mouse)

I've tried using the Lorex email support service with long delays and no substantive help (try rebooting, try a PC instead of a mac - which I have done, check your bandwidth - 200Mb/s up, 15Mb/s down - and besides, I'm on my lan, etc...)

If anyone has guidance or can point me to a good online resource I would be very appreciative... losing patience.

Configuration:
NVR<->Hub<->Switch<->POE-Switches<->Cameras

thanks.

ventilator

n3wb
Reaction score
And FYI - I'm using FlirCloud on Mac, PC, and iOS mobile device. Right now, for example:

- I can see only one camera on my Mac
- the iOS device shows no cameras found and "Failed to Connect" when I try to reconnect to the NVR
- the PC shows the NVR Offline and displays a "The connection has reached the threshold!" when I try to connect

thanks.

compudoc

n3wb
Reaction score
And FYI - I'm using FlirCloud on Mac, PC, and iOS mobile device. Right now, for example:

- I can see only one camera on my Mac
- the iOS device shows no cameras found and "Failed to Connect" when I try to reconnect to the NVR
- the PC shows the NVR Offline and displays a "The connection has reached the threshold!" when I try to connect

thanks.
Hey Ventilator- sounds like a connectivity issue for sure ESPECIALLY your bandwidth readings guessing you meant 200 down and 15 up for the speednet test of internet connection?

In FC app do you have each camera (device) by IP or are you looking at the cameras via the NVR and its P2P ID #? (think they call it serial number?)

I would try a couple of things I thing you said you are a Mac user. Not sure if Safari works due to the Active X app that runs via a browser but have you tried connecting to each camera by IP on the LAN? This will be a better test to determine if its a Lorex/FC issue or if you have issues on the LAN (dont use wireless for any of these intial tests)

In addition to the direct test above do a trace route from the PC each camera and NVR and lets see the path and times of the connections.

Last edited:

ventilator

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Ventilator- sounds like a connectivity issue for sure ESPECIALLY your bandwidth readings guessing you meant 200 down and 15 up for the speednet test of internet connection?

In FC app do you have each camera (device) by IP or are you looking at the cameras via the NVR and its P2P ID #? (think they call it serial number?)

I would try a couple of things I thing you said you are a Mac user. Not sure if Safari works due to the Active X app that runs via a browser but have you tried connecting to each camera by IP on the LAN? This will be a better test to determine if its a Lorex/FC issue or if you have issues on the LAN (dont use wireless for any of these intial tests)

In addition to the direct test above do a trace route from the PC each camera and NVR and lets see the path and times of the connections.
Thanks for the detailed reply compudoc, much appreciated and yes I got up/down backwards :p

Through some back and forth with FLIR support I’ve ended up resetting the NVR to factory defaults and so far I haven’t had any issues.

Will try your suggestions if it happens again.

Thanks again.