Lorex DVR direct access to cameras

JimmyBoy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
New here and this is my first question. I have recently installed a Lorex LNR6826K Costco kit at my commercial property and need to access the cameras directly over web to set up the additional settings not available in the NVR. At the house, I had a 12v power supply and a patch cable to my home router so I know how to log into the cameras, but I need to do it under real work conditions to tweak motion detection and exposure stuff. I do not have a POE injector or router and taking a 12v battery and laptop around to each camera is out of the question. I do have a wifi router plugged into the NVR and was able to log into the NVR on the IP 10.1.1.1, but when I tried to go to a camera at its actual IP from the NVR, say IP 10.1.1.128, it would not let me connect to the camera, but kept routing me to the NVR page. Is there any way to do what I'm looking for without connecting the cameras to a different POE switch/router first?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

JimmyBoy

n3wb
Reaction score
I reread the sticky and found someone posted afterwards about using your router instead of a direct RJ45 connection, which I do not have on my laptop. So much good info here!