Lorex LNE8974BW vs Flir N253EA8BK

BTerrier

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Title says it all. Im comparing these 2 cameras.

Are they the same camera? I ask because I thought Lorex was owned by Flir (or maybe flir was owned by lorex?). But recently I read that Lorex was purchased by dahua?

Which camera is better? Can I trust the Lorex cam as much as the Flir? Is the quality the same?

I can purchase the Lorex for about $75 cheaper than the flir

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @BTerrier

They are both Dahua OEM cameras from what I can tell. Depending on the internals they may basically be the same hardware. Lorex strips their firmware of the Dahua OEM IVS features iirc, uncertain if FLIR does the same or leaves the firmware IVS functionality in place.

Suggest contacting Andy ( EmpireTecAndy ) and seeing what options he has available in a 8MP turret.

Look for the IPC-HDW48xx or IPC-HDW58xx models.

BTerrier

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @BTerrier

They are both Dahua OEM cameras from what I can tell. Depending on the internals they may basically be the same hardware. Lorex strips their firmware of the Dahua OEM IVS features iirc, uncertain if FLIR does the same or leaves the firmware IVS functionality in place.

Suggest contacting Andy ( EmpireTecAndy ) and seeing what options he has available in a 8MP turret.

Look for the IPC-HDW48xx or IPC-HDW58xx models.
Thanks for the info. I was thinking they may be dahua but wasn’t sure

I don’t necessarily need 4k resolution, more concerned with the integrated mic and motorized VF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk