Lorex LNW16XF (outdoor, wifi)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Im trying to figure out if this camera is compatible with BI.

1080p Active Deterrence WiFi Security Camera

Im open to other cameras but there seems to be little in the way of decent outdoor + wifi options out there...

Thanks
There is a review of the dahua version of this camera on the forum..
Wi-Fi is a foolish choice. You need to run power to the camera anyways. Also note that any camera can be made Wi-Fi using the cheap wireless bridge so don't limit yourself to Wi-Fi cameras which are generally inferior.

OnePunch

n3wb
Reaction score
There is a review of the dahua version of this camera on the forum..
Wi-Fi is a foolish choice. You need to run power to the camera anyways. Also note that any camera can be made Wi-Fi using the cheap wireless bridge so don't limit yourself to Wi-Fi cameras which are generally inferior.

So the answer is yes it works with BI?

The point is that getting power to the location is already sorted. Running an Ethernet to the same location is a massive pain in the arse. Are you suggesting that using the wifi bridge is better than using a wifi ready unit?

I dont have my Lorex to Dahua converter app handy, can you confirm this is the unit you speak of?

Dahua IPC-HFW1831C-PIR 4k Mini Bullet

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So the answer is yes it works with BI?

The point is that getting power to the location is already sorted. Running an Ethernet to the same location is a massive pain in the arse. Are you suggesting that using the wifi bridge is better than using a wifi ready unit?

I dont have my Lorex to Dahua converter app handy, can you confirm this is the unit you speak of?

Dahua IPC-HFW1831C-PIR 4k Mini Bullet
No that is not the camera, that is the 8mp wired unit.
the use of a wifi bridge or powerline is much better than wifi. AND you are settling for inferior cameras when you limit yourself to wifi.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @OnePunch

Recommending avoiding wifi if you can help it.

If you're still planning on picking it up, note that the Q-see version has recently been on sale at Walmart for $60
( search "Q-See Beacon - 1080p Wi-Fi Spotlight Camera with PIR and Siren" on walmart.com )

OnePunch

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @OnePunch

Recommending avoiding wifi if you can help it.

If you're still planning on picking it up, note that the Q-see version has recently been on sale at Walmart for $60
( search "Q-See Beacon - 1080p Wi-Fi Spotlight Camera with PIR and Siren" on walmart.com )
Thanks for the helpful link.