Lorex nvr 6100x

Luniz97

n3wb
Reaction score

Luniz97

n3wb
Reaction score
Only internet explorer with active x.. software configuration isn’t very good either

Luniz97

n3wb
Reaction score
Are there other iOS apps I can take advantage of besides the lorex cloud app which technically isn’t cloud software just a connect to my ip

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ive been reading the forums for a while now since purchasing this kit and the lorex system is terrible. It’s all installed over Poe etc but is there anything I can do to change it without spending a lot more.

Are there better apps or ability to overwrite the nvr software?

https://www.costco.com/Lorex-8-Channel-UHD-4K-Network-Video-Recorder-with-2TB-HDD-4-UHD-4K-Active-Deterrence-Bullet-Cameras-Security-System.product.100469040.html
Hi @Luniz97

Q: from "alastairstevenson": In what specific way is it terrible?
A: "Luniz97": Only internet explorer with active x.. software configuration isn’t very good either

As alastairstevenson notes, this is a fairly typical issue.

Typically the companies charging monthly fees for SCaaS ( Security Camera as a Service ) spend quite a bit on app development, whereas those charging one time for on-premise kits / systems spend less on mobile app development.

A way around this is to look for a 3rd party mobile app - or perhaps augment your setup with one of those SCaaS cameras in a critical spot.

An example of an app well liked for android mobile devices is Tiny Cam ( they have a channel here at ipct ). I'm not certain about iOS apps myself. Check out the mobile section for recommendations from other members.

Q: "..ability to overwrite the nvr software?"
A: Not really in a way that will significantly improve it in the areas you're inquiring about. ( some NVRs you can update the firmware to the OEM version and it may give you the IVS / Smart Features .. )

Q: "...It’s all installed over Poe etc but is there anything I can do to change it without spending a lot more."
A: There's a few options - and it depends on what sort of PC you may have. If you have a decent PC around then you may want to explore Blue Iris as an option... see the thread on Blue Iris. The Blue Iris system would need access to the rtsp stream so that it can process it.