Lorex NVR settings

michaelb

n3wb
Reaction score
Regarding Model LHV516410B ( Costco)
I have some issues which may be normal function or in need of a different setting

Back up files, I get a different zoom in setting for M files and C files
Continuous files zoom in and out slightly.

The motion detection default was set to 80% motion and 0% threshold
Detection is good for everything cat size and above during daytime. ( at 10 feet)
Sadly too good at picking up shadows and leaves moving
Nighttime it is constantly detecting bugs flying and a human but nothing Coyote or Bobcat size
I used a trail camera on the same area and confirmed the lorex camera missed bobcats and coyotes walking slowly 10 feet from the camera. Well within the detection zone.

I use the 1080 setting and only getting 1112 kbps on back up ( AVI)
This setting is used to get 15 FPS and easier editing ( appears that the 30 FPS in the manual was a typo)
The NVR is set to 4000+kbps

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Regarding Model LHV516410B ( Costco)
Hi @michaelb

FYI - that is a DVR kit

typically the DVR kit's specs I have seen sold at Costco are not as good as the Lorex NVR kits, this also applies to what I recall seeing on the Lorex website.

This DVR is spec'ed for:
Recording Frame Rate 4K@7fps (per ch), 4MP@15fps (per ch), 3MP/1080p/720p/960H: 30fps (NTSC)

That noted, I actually have not used a Lorex DVR so can only assume the interface to be similar to the NVRs.

upload_2019-4-8_13-52-29.png

michaelb

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the NVR correction......The printed specs are incorrect but Lorex has not changed the manual. Costco changed some of the specs but not the frame rate. 15 fps is the highest setting available on the DVR