Lorex ( Piece of Junk Day One )

moondogie

n3wb
Reaction score
I own NVR Lorex

I have spent 2 Hrs. trying to get threw an agent and put back on hold because they didn't know how to help me.
When I leave my Home cameras don.t work on Mobile.
Dam sick and tired of Lorex Junk.
Is there a reliable NVR and Cameras out there to replace this Junk? Without rewiring my whole house ?

Thank you,
moondogie

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome Moondogie,

Few of the companies which sell security camera kits directly to consumers have a fully responsive staff for questions from buyers.

A lot DIY learning will be required.

Unfortunately this is the nature of the business unless you are willing to pay more for a security camera installer / integrator / company who will do the configuration for you.

Lorex carries numerous products, some are decent.

Which product did you pick up?

Remember to check out the notes in the wiki
IPCamTalk WiKi | IP Cam Talk

scottc1

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a lorex system and it works great. I have seen a lot of negative reviews regarding lorex and don't understand why so many people hate on it. I also did a lot of research to better understand how to setup/use the system prior to purchase. Let me know if i can help.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

scottc1

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome Moondogie,

Few of the companies which sell security camera kits directly to consumers have a fully responsive staff for questions from buyers.

A lot DIY learning will be required.

Unfortunately this is the nature of the business unless you are willing to pay more for a security camera installer / integrator / company who will do the configuration for you.

Lorex carries numerous products, some are decent.

Which product did you pick up?

Remember to check out the notes in the wiki
IPCamTalk WiKi | IP Cam Talk
Hey Matt do you have a lorex nvr system?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Matt do you have a lorex nvr system?

Hi Scott

I have a Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2 which I picked up from Andy.

OSD ( On Screen Display ) is basically the same as the Lorex Dahua OEM NVRs, Lorex just removes the IVS functions.
( btw mixmanSC was able to flash the Dahua OEM firmware to his lorex NVR, the cameras he has been encountering some issues - so no luck on flashing those yet to Dahua OEM firmware )

Lorex does have some NVRs models which we don't know the OEM of.

Last edited: