Lorex RTSP Login

ty8

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I received several LNWCM23X cameras as replacements to my Flir FXC cameras. I believe I found the RTSP URL below as it prompts for credentials, but I am unable to login. It's not taking my password or any deafualts I found online. Does anyone else have this model and if so, has anyone else gotten this to work?

rtsp:/user: pass@IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi, I received several LNWCM23X cameras as replacements to my Flir FXC cameras. I believe I found the RTSP URL below as it prompts for credentials, but I am unable to login. It's not taking my password or any deafualts I found online. Does anyone else have this model and if so, has anyone else gotten this to work?

rtsp:/user: pass@IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

Thanks!
your URL is missing a / and no spaces after username: password vs. username:password

the url works as you described: rtsp:/admin:password@192.168.15.214:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

How did you find that RTSP url and how can we get the 1080 stream from that?

Reaction score
your URL is missing a / and no spaces after username: password vs. username:password

the url works as you described: rtsp:/admin:password@192.168.15.214:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

How did you find that RTSP url and how can we get the 1080 stream from that?
not sure about asshat emoji with a stupid semicolon. the semicolons are now emoji. no spaces.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW, the forum software won't allow 2 consecutive forward slashes....I've mentioned it to @Mike before, he said he'd look into it and I'm sure he has...but he's likely VERY busy, it'll take some time.

Until then, if you Insert the rest of the URL inside the </> Code, the smiley emoji will go away and the colon will appear, like this:
Code:
rtsp:/user:pass@IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1
Note that only one / still appears even though I put in 2 but at least the rest is correctly depicted.

Reaction score
Well that is just... awesome!
Must be related to some spam prevention or something. Don't get the emoji thing :

Do you know the RTSP URL for the 1080 stream? BTW you can factory reset the CAM and set Username and Password yourself. then it works.

Reaction score
Made an account just to say thanks for this as well as changing the subtype from 1 to 0 if you want the 1080 stream

Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT and thanks for your contribution! :wave:
Hey there Dracula! I really appreciate that last nugget about the 1/0 it made a huge difference in the camera project I just recently setup. The 600x800 was adequate but the camera is actually useful with the 1080. It looks great!

Thank you so much. This reminds me of how the internet used to be.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey there Dracula! I really appreciate that last nugget about the 1/0 it made a huge difference in the camera project I just recently setup. The 600x800 was adequate but the camera is actually useful with the 1080. It looks great!

Thank you so much. This reminds me of how the internet used to be.
Just to clarify, it was @AlucardBytes that posted that info that was useful to you. My post was regarding the forum's issue with not showing 2 slashes next to each other.

Glad to hear this forum help you! :cool:

Last edited:

sksahai

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have an idiots guide for this?
I got teh LNWCM22Y and can't get Tiny Cam Pro to access the cameras.
Using "admin" as the user, and the passwords that I have set up through the lorex home app.
It did work sometime in the past with Tiny Cam Pro, but not anymore.