Lorex to Dahua firmware upgrade

gregorio

n3wb
Reaction score
Hate to dig up an old subject but I am in need of upgrading my Lorex LN8005-C cameras to Dahua firmware. The Lorex versions are not very good and ONVIF functionality is hit and mostly miss. I am following this thread but am missing some critical detail. Specifically, what is the commands.bat that is constantly mentioned but not supplied? The link on the other threads to the tools where this files is located is broken. I see my cameras hitting my TFTP server but the are looking for a file called upgrade_info_7db780a713a4.txt Presumably that is created with the commands.bat file? Can someone supply either of these files so I can fix ONVIF on my LNB8005-C cameras?
Thanks
G

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How old is the camera? Somewhere around 2-3 years ago Dahua started hard-coding the cameras to prevent people from buying cheaper Lorex and flashing with better Dahua firmware. That or they put in less RAM and cheaper processor that couldn't run the firmware.

gregorio

n3wb
Reaction score
How old is the camera? Somewhere around 2-3 years ago Dahua started hard-coding the cameras to prevent people from buying cheaper Lorex and flashing with better Dahua firmware. That or they put in less RAM and cheaper processor that couldn't run the firmware.
These are pre-pandemic era cameras. c. 2018-2019
My stumbling block right now is the missing commands.bat file which seems to create the files needed to upgrade