I have mix of Lorex and use some Dahua cameras

batch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
do you prefer one over the other ?

Yollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will say this. This system is great. I got the 6 4k cams and 16ch NVR from Lorex for 850.00. And added 2 starlight cameras. But adding one of the cams was a bit of a challenge for me as I had to learn all about re-setting the cameras and that took me awhile. I don't know about what IVS features they lack, and it's totally possible but I don't use Blue Iris so I don't know. Honestly if I knew all about how to set up a system and money was the same I'd go straight Dahua but I wanted as plug and play as possible and with buying from Lorex you get a 2 year warranty and great phone support with their products.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Batch,

Those appear to be based off the Dahua OEM IPC-HDW48xx model.

At $600 - 15% for 2 for Lorex proper - you will pay significantly more than you can pick up the base Dahua OEM model

While some here picked up some great deals during the BF/cyberweek - and through Christmas season - deals which Lorex had last year - those deals have all expired.
( Yollie got a great deal for a 16 port NVR + 6x 4K cameras at $850, added a couple of starlights and now have a nice setup )

If you are seeing those sold on ebay, then it is from someone who followed the deals I posted on it on another forum and is now flipping it, and they've most certainly marked them up significantly higher than the price they paid. ( last I checked those looking for small mark up sold them quickly )

So, I would recommend asking Andy ( @EMPIRETECANDY ) for a quote on a better model - and do consider a junction box for your setup:

Dahua OEM IPC-HDW58xx ( 5 series is varifocal plus an extra IR "bulb" )

He should be able to get you a good deal on this as well as ship it quickly to you.