Lost Access to Live View on Hikvision NVR

beeatwork

n3wb
Reaction score
Help! Just happen this week I can access Live View my security system! This message keeps on popping up on screen, even when it's downloaded and installed: "Please click here to download and install the plug-in. Close the browser when installing the plug-in." It's the same from my desktop and laptop. Anyone has this same problem? Thanks in advance for your help! Still a newbie on these security systems.

beeatwork

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! It doesn't matter which browser I use, can't get pass that message to download and install. These are the browser I am using: IE Ver 11.0.40 & Firefox 52.0.1 (32bit) & Chrome 57.0.2987.110. Is there another way to do live view on the Hikvision NVR? Thanks again!

upload_2017-3-19_13-36-15.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Firefox 52 (just recently) and Chrome 57 (quite a while back) no longer support this type of plugin.
That version if IE11 should be OK.
Here is a link to the almost current installer for Hikvision webcomponents - Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-E2/8P IS SO SLOW when loading image!!!
Try installing it manually to see if that fixes the problem.
In IE11, check if it is loaded and enabled using Configuration | Manage add-ons | All add-ons
and check the status for WebVideoActiveX Control - Hikvision.

beeatwork

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again for the help! When I went to "All add-ons" I didn't see "WebVideoActiveX Control - Hikvision! I uninstall and reloaded the version from your link which came back with a finish. Maybe I am doing it wrong, since I am not sure what you meant by "try installing it manually...".

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure what you meant by "try installing it manually...".
I just meant - double-click on the webcomponents installer downloaded from the link, as opposed to letting the NVR web GUI take you through it.
Definitely IE11 (not Edge?) and using an Administrator account in Windows?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
These are the browser I am using: IE Ver 11.0.40 & Firefox 52.0.1 (32bit) & Chrome 57.0.2987.110
You can manually add support back to firefox. Follow the steps below.

open a new browser tab in firefox
1. enter the following: about:config
2. you will be prompted with a security warning, accept and move past it.
3. right click on the screen over one of the exsisting commands and goto "New" then select "Boolean"
4. enter the following: plugin.load_flash_only
5. accept/ok
6. set tag to "false"
7. accept/ok
8. press "shift+F2" to open command line
9. type "restart"
10. this will force firefox restart and when it comes back up you should be good to go!

Good Luck

beeatwork

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks zero-degrees!! That did the trick, back in live view with firefox. Is there another more stable interface in live viewing the Hikvision NVR? When I try to move from image to image it will become non responsive until I drop the link and log back in later. Most of the time I can't even get the "logout" to work, most of the time I just "X" out the screen. Thanks again for the help and tips by all the replies, greatly appreciate it!!