Lost lan access to Blue Iris pc

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm stumped. Today I switched from AT&T dsl to AT&t fiber and in the process I've lost access to my BI pc from my lan. My BI pc and cams are connected via poe switches to an Asus router set up as an access point which is plugged into the AT&T 2Wire router/modem. I can ping BI ip including port number from Asus but not from any other pc on my lan, although I am able to access shared folders on BI pc. I also use TeamViewer to access BI but I can't get it to connect now either. Seems like it would be a setting in the AT&T router or it's not playing nice with the Asus. Any ideas?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
By the way, I can ping my BI pc lan ip from other pc's but when I add the port number for BI it won't ping, if that is any help. Edit - well scratch that, I don't think you can ping a port.

Last edited:

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, in case someone else comes across this I had to change firewall settings in my BI pc. I don't know why changing the AT&T router/modem would make that necessary but there it is.

baby007

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, in case someone else comes across this I had to change firewall settings in my BI pc. I don't know why changing the AT&T router/modem would make that necessary but there it is.
Do you remember what changes was made to the firewall? I'm having the same issue. Can't access the server even on local network

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't remember what I had to change, I wish I had been more specific in my response in my original post. I will look at my firewall settings and see if I can remember what I had to do.

baby007

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't remember what I had to change, I wish I had been more specific in my response in my original post. I will look at my firewall settings and see if I can remember what I had to do.
Yah, I wish so too. Anyway, pls update if you have anything. Thanks

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
@baby007 did you find out anything? I've been looking at the firewall settings and nothing jumps out at me to refresh my memory of what I had to change.

baby007

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I just did. I had to open a port in the windows firewall (it's the same port you chose for Blue Iris Web Server). Not to be confused with opening port on the router for who' didn't know (like me)