Lost password for DS-7204HWI-SH

andymccall

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I've moved into a house with a DS-7204HWI-SH NVR connected to three cameras running firmware V3.14build 150430. While the system is old, it does the job and I don't really want to replace it yet.

The person who sold me the house has lost the password. I've contacted HIKVISION USA and UK with an XML file from the SADPTool and they are saying my unit wasn't sold via an authorised dealer and won't offer me support.

What options do I have to get the password reset? Can I factory reset or something like that? I've tried the password reset web form, but that generated a password and it seems like I need an XML file and not a password to get he password reset. I Have physical access and network access (as in, I can load the tools and webpage, but can't log in).

Thanks in advance!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've moved into a house with a DS-7204HWI-SH NVR connected to three cameras running firmware V3.14build 150430. While the system is old, it does the job and I don't really want to replace it yet.

The person who sold me the house has lost the password. I've contacted HIKVISION USA and UK with an XML file from the SADPTool and they are saying my unit wasn't sold via an authorised dealer and won't offer me support.

What options do I have to get the password reset? Can I factory reset or something like that? I've tried the password reset web form, but that generated a password and it seems like I need an XML file and not a password to get he password reset. I Have physical access and network access (as in, I can load the tools and webpage, but can't log in).

Thanks in advance!
Hikvision camera admin password reset tool