Lost Time in Recorded Clip

Duder

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm currently running Blue Iris 5.6.7.3 with a EmpireTech IPC-T5442T-ZE camera. I have been experiencing for some time an issue where the camera will trigger due to motion and start recording but during the recording, a significant amount of time will be "missing".

I've been having this issue consistently and cant' figure out what the problem is. I just had a video today that was 39 seconds long but half way through the video, I can see a jump from 9:14:42AM to 9:15:23AM.

Is this expected operation that I'm not understanding or is it an issue? Any things I should try?

Running on Windows 10
Ryzen 5900X
32GB memory
Blue Iris running at about 0.7% CPU usage and 550MB RAM

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the camera going thru the router or do you have a dual NIC or VLAN switch set up?

That is the common cause is the router not able to keep up.

Another cause is if you are using every spec'd out parameter like running 30FPS. If you are, then drop it to 15FPS and 15 iframe and CBR and 8192bitrate and see if that fixes it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm currently running Blue Iris 5.6.7.3 with a EmpireTech IPC-T5442T-ZE camera. I have been experiencing for some time an issue where the camera will trigger due to motion and start recording but during the recording, a significant amount of time will be "missing".

I've been having this issue consistently and cant' figure out what the problem is. I just had a video today that was 39 seconds long but half way through the video, I can see a jump from 9:14:42AM to 9:15:23AM.

Is this expected operation that I'm not understanding or is it an issue? Any things I should try?

Running on Windows 10
Ryzen 5900X
32GB memory
Blue Iris running at about 0.7% CPU usage and 550MB RAM
You may be confusing the total length of the clip with the length of the triggers. So a clip could be made up of multiple triggers and you will have missing video unless you have it set to continuous recording.

Duder

n3wb
Reaction score
Is the camera going thru the router or do you have a dual NIC or VLAN switch set up?

That is the common cause is the router not able to keep up.

Another cause is if you are using every spec'd out parameter like running 30FPS. If you are, then drop it to 15FPS and 15 iframe and CBR and 8192bitrate and see if that fixes it.
I'm running at 30fps with 60 iframe interval at 2048 bit rate plus the sub stream on a standard consumer router so I wouldn't be super surprised. I'll try lowering those settings and see what I get.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah 30FPS is a data hog thru a router. Lower the FPS, or better yet get the cameras off the router via VLAN or dual NIC.

Duder

n3wb
Reaction score
You may be confusing the total length of the clip with the length of the triggers. So a clip could be made up of multiple triggers and you will have missing video unless you have it set to continuous recording.
The information about the video I posted was accurate but I don't know if multiple triggers were combined in a single video, or how to identify that.

Do you know where the continuous recording option is?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The information about the video I posted was accurate but I don't know if multiple triggers were combined in a single video, or how to identify that.

Do you know where the continuous recording option is?
Yes - you are not understanding how blue iris works. If you have a trigger set for 10 seconds it will record for 10 seconds then stop until there is a new trigger. That new trigger will be recorded to the same clip if you are using the combine/cut video option which is the default.
This is in the record tab. You need to read the help file to understand the basics.