Love Blue Iris, Need Help

chads100

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been running blue iris for about 18 months now and absolutely love it. I decided to add more cameras to my system but I quickly ran out of PC power. I upgraded in PC a while back so I have already been through all the usual memory creating tricks:

All of my cameras write direct to disk,
I set hardware encoding to "Yes (NoVPP)",
I lowered my pre-trigger buffer to about 3 seconds,
I also checked the box that says "use BVR Playback".
Under global settings I reduced the FPS to 10 for live preview rate
I also tried the Intel Hardware Acceleration settings, however since I am not using the intel video it did little to nothing.
I also lowered the fps on each camera from 25 to 15 (hated to do it, loved more fps)

Here is my setup.
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight Core 3.5 GHZ
16GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video Card

Currently
11- Hosafe 2mp cameras (for the price they work really well for my needs)
1 - Sunba 2mp ptz 20x zoom camera (again for the price I am extremely happy with this)

I would like to add 10-12 more of the Hosafe cameras.

Currently I am running between 70-80% when minimized and 80-90% when looking at live view on PC. Can you recommend a PC (preferably one that is already made up) that I can add the 10-12 more cameras and keep my cpu under 60% or so?

When I try to add one more camera, blue iris is almost always above 95%, two cameras...forget it (BI crash).

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, I already have the cameras up, I ran wiring and conduit all weekend and was very excited to see the end product, just to realize I can not run them on blue iris with my current configuration.

-Chad

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
AMD anything won't cut it.
You need an Intel I7-6700 system.
The AMD does not offer the advantages the Intel does.
Search here for Dell Optiplex or HP Elite Deskpro.

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Agreed. Go Intel or go home. Also, be sure to block those Hosafe cameras at the router as they'll dial home every chance they get.