Low profile cams for indoor use

nathasm

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking for POE, ceiling-mounted, indoor-use cameras that are inconspicuous or non-intrusive to the eye. Looking to place them in the kid's rooms and in common living spaces. Primarily used to monitor small children as well as replace our current baby monitor (so would prefer sound).

Looking for suggestions for what people use indoors that is not wifi-based and can be integrated with BI.

Thanks!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I have 4 of this style in my condo system they can be ceiling or wall mounted. They look like a smoke detector. i bought 3 of these from Andy at Empiretech and when he was out, I got 1 from Amcrest.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
The little Hikvision mini-dome cameras are relatively small and not too expensive:

Various versions if you look through their "Value Series" list.

SImilar Dahua:

The cube cams but cable will show:

Dahua has their mini-PTZ

Also some in-ceiling dome cams from both but they tend to be larger like you'd see in a commercial setting.

Last edited:

Adamson121

n3wb
Reaction score
We used a Canary camera in our play room. Doesn't look like a camera at first look and has two way comms too! It looks more like a speaker to me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
We used a Canary camera in our play room. Doesn't look like a camera at first look and has two way comms too! It looks more like a speaker to me.
That meets none of the criteria set forth in the OP.