Lower FPS for less "no signal" problems?

Reaction score
I have had BI registered for one camera for a few weeks now. I only have one wireless Zmodo 720p camera. I started by a higher FPS rate (30fps) on both the camera and the BI software. I had many "no signal" errors. So I dropped the FPS to 15fps on both camera and BI. It worked better for a week. Then BI kept giving me the dreaded "no signal" and I could not get it to connect. The camera was always online.

Finally, I thought maybe too many FPS were causing a connection problem, so on both camera and BI I set it to 10fps. Worked awesome for a few weeks, when the signal dropped, BI watchdog would reconnect shortly after.

Now I am at 10fps, and I am getting frequent "no signal" errors...for two days now! I just won't stay connected. My camera video is set to "good" quality. It seems I can only get BI to pick up the signal if I log into my camera and refresh the settings.

One other thing I noticed is the camera is set to use software encoding...

Can anyone give me tips on what to do next?

I am only running one wireless camera, my CPU percentage is at 8% or so...

Thanks.

Reaction score
Just an FYI...I lowered the FPS to 7fps on the camera and BI...its been running great with no long periods of no signal! For a few days now. I am pleased.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Most likely you are whenever you lower the FPS you are causing the bit rate to be reduced, and therefore reducing the amount of bandwidth required for the video stream. This would make it work better when connected wireless.

You should be able to get it to run more stable if you use it wired instead of wireless.

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, however the area that the camera is installed at makes it hard to run an Ethernet cable to it. It has to stay wireless. Thanks for the input :)