LTS 2MP Dome & Turret install

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Threw this together real quick so sorry about the sizing differences of images. I can upload full capture resolutions if you want to really see quality of pic but I believe these will give you a solid idea.

All this was extra equipment I had laying around so it's not perfect/ideal but works for now.

Everything is pulled back to a master bedroom closet into a mini cabinet that has a battery backup in it and top vented cooling fan.

Cameras in the garage are domes because of the smaller space and two cameras the IR of the dome does what I need, if this wasn't excess equipment I would have gone with turrets.

Driveway cam is a 2.8 mm turret that really should be a 4mm or 6mm but the 2.8 doesn't do to bad and the garage side lights do an okay job at night of lighting the image. We're in a neighborhood out in the country so it's pitch black out here.

Front yard cam is a 4mm turret, again porch and garage lights help light the scene.

Front porch is a 4mm turret and I have the IR shut off.

Back Yard is a dual matrix IR 4mm should be 6mm, its more an over watch camera, I'm well aware that its not going to ID anyone. I have wire pulled just above the back door but it got covered during construction and I don't have a good idea where it is exactly so next spring/summer I'll pull the facia board to find it and put a camera center over the door.

Anyways, here's what an excess LTS hardware install looks like.

Attachments

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow you did a great job . Your using hikvision right ? What models

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a 4mm 4mp hikvision as my driveway camera it kicks ass at day time night time I can get a facial ID but still need more light.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow you did a great job . Your using hikvision right ? What models
They are LTS, however, yes they are HIK hardware. LTS just rebrands/private labels them/supports them/warranties them.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
how did you hided all the wires?
No conduit because I prewired during construction. I'm not a fan of conduit unless there are truly no other options. Most of the time you can find a way to get wiring where you need with minimal drywall cuts, if you are willing to go down that route.

All the cat6 wire was pulled from the closet to the soffits. Once in the soffits I leave around 6' - 8' of extra wire running the length of the soffit. I then attach thin metal wire (like fishing line almost) to the end of the line and push it out through one soffit vent and attach a small metal washer to the end. Then I run a small screw through it into the soffit. This assures no matter what happens during construction (painting, calking, gutter install, insulation, etc) that small screw and washer will stay in place and hold the cable in place and I know exactly where to come back to even if a month or two later. Then also should a downspout get moved or placed where I prewired I have the excess cable and easy ability to move that camera anywhere in that soffit cavity.

Noce install, looks clean with no conduit visable at first look.

Last edited:

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The soffit we have here is the concrete layer which is the 1st floor roof (our first floor, is one story high and not the ground floor) as that is 30 cm thick no drilling through it is practical.
So i need to think out the complete layout of everything and have conduit installed before the final layers of concrete are put in place. Now planning them all and ask the builder of doing a conduit though the wall and mount the needed equipment there.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I am betting it is some kind of stamped concrete, but it can be hard to tell even if you are looking at it in person.

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Kinda looks like an epoxy floor. Great install, wish I could do it that professionally looking. I always have a hard time running wire in walls.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I am betting it is some kind of stamped concrete, but it can be hard to tell even if you are looking at it in person.
It's a multi coat epoxy with a full flake top coat and industrial clear coat. Lifetime warranty against yellowing, hot tire pickup, pealing, etc. I've done the DIY epoxy kits in my last two homes - this time I spent the money and called in the pro's - especially with the lifetime warranty!

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Some better shots of the floor for those discussing it. Company can do any combo of colors, or you can pick a premixed blend style from colorflakes.com

Attachments

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have wire pulled just above the back door but it got covered during construction and I don't have a good idea where it is exactly so next spring/summer I'll pull the facia board to find it and put a camera center over the door.
Hook the cable to a tone generator. You'll be able to get a pretty good idea where it's at with the toner probe.

iphelpc

n3wb
Reaction score
Threw this together real quick so sorry about the sizing differences of images. I can upload full capture resolutions if you want to really see quality of pic but I believe these will give you a solid idea.

All this was extra equipment I had laying around so it's not perfect/ideal but works for now.

Everything is pulled back to a master bedroom closet into a mini cabinet that has a battery backup in it and top vented cooling fan.

Cameras in the garage are domes because of the smaller space and two cameras the IR of the dome does what I need, if this wasn't excess equipment I would have gone with turrets.

Driveway cam is a 2.8 mm turret that really should be a 4mm or 6mm but the 2.8 doesn't do to bad and the garage side lights do an okay job at night of lighting the image. We're in a neighborhood out in the country so it's pitch black out here.

Front yard cam is a 4mm turret, again porch and garage lights help light the scene.

Front porch is a 4mm turret and I have the IR shut off.

Back Yard is a dual matrix IR 4mm should be 6mm, its more an over watch camera, I'm well aware that its not going to ID anyone. I have wire pulled just above the back door but it got covered during construction and I don't have a good idea where it is exactly so next spring/summer I'll pull the facia board to find it and put a camera center over the door.

Anyways, here's what an excess LTS hardware install looks like.
Thanks

R L

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great job! But why the master bedroom? That's where burglars usually go first.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@R L That cabinet isn't coming off the wall unless the studs come with it.

I placed it there mainly because that's where the alarm vista panel and pre wiring for he home was. I would rather have everything together in the event I want to interface or link different systems. Once prime example of this is I've already leveraged the extra coax lines in the home to carry the video signal to TV sets throughout the home via HDMI to coax adapters and an HDMI splitter. Review: HDMI Over 75 Ohm Coax / HDMI Over Cat 5 / HDMI Splitter