LTS camera quality

LandofTomorrow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I posted an intro message in the beginners forum on a new installation but wanted to check on this forum as it refers to specifically LTS cameras which I understand are made by Hikvision (or same firm renamed for installers?). The cameras are:
1. CMIP3022-28
2. CMIP3042-28

They are turret 1/2.8"CMOS fixed lens 2.8mm cameras.

Links:
LTS CMIP3022-28 IP Network Camera | LT Security
Platinum Fixed Lens Turret Network IP Camera 4.1MP - 2.8mm

Was wondering if anyone here had experience on these and what your thoughts were. I understand the Dahua are the most recommended but if I cant use those, how are these as compared to say the fixed lens version of Dahua starlight (IPC-HDW4231EM-AS)?

thank you again for your time and experience

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
take a look at the comparison photos yourself...the lower light difference is significant.

LandofTomorrow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@fenderman
take a look at the comparison photos yourself...the lower light difference is significant.
Thanks for the reply. I didnt realize there were photos from this LTS camera (2 or 4MP) on this forum. I see plenty of pics on the Dahua starlight varifocus. I just did a search on the forum with the LTS model number and didnt come across pics. Could i trouble you to point me to those comparison pics? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman

Thanks for the reply. I didnt realize there were photos from this LTS camera (2 or 4MP) on this forum. I see plenty of pics on the Dahua starlight varifocus. I just did a search on the forum with the LTS model number and didnt come across pics. Could i trouble you to point me to those comparison pics? Thanks
They are rebranded hikvision...and there are pics of lts as well..regardless they will be the same as the hiks

LandofTomorrow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They are rebranded hikvision...and there are pics of lts as well..regardless they will be the same as the hiks
Do you have a model I should be comparing to or is it presumed that most 1/2.8" hikvision pictures are comparable? Thank you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a model I should be comparing to or is it presumed that most 1/2.8" hikvision pictures are comparable? Thank you
I suggest you start reading the many threads discussing the hikvision dahua cameras...

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I posted an intro message in the beginners forum on a new installation but wanted to check on this forum as it refers to specifically LTS cameras which I understand are made by Hikvision (or same firm renamed for installers?). The cameras are:
1. CMIP3022-28
2. CMIP3042-28

They are turret 1/2.8"CMOS fixed lens 2.8mm cameras.

Links:
LTS CMIP3022-28 IP Network Camera | LT Security
Platinum Fixed Lens Turret Network IP Camera 4.1MP - 2.8mm

Was wondering if anyone here had experience on these and what your thoughts were. I understand the Dahua are the most recommended but if I cant use those, how are these as compared to say the fixed lens version of Dahua starlight (IPC-HDW4231EM-AS)?

thank you again for your time and experience
The CMIP3022-28 is obviously the better choice it's better in low light and also has a better sensor then the 3042. Now the starlight is still better then both you get more for your money. But yes the 3022 is the winner if it's between the 2 lts models. Also wouldn't buy this in the 2.8 I would get something like a 6mm. Also you know that only the 3022 has a 1/2.8"CMOS right ? The other is 1/3

Last edited:

rotorwash

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got the 3042 and I wish the starlight cameras were as available as they are now. I would go the starlight route if I were to do over. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissatisfied at all with LTS or the 3042. I mistakenly thought more MP meant better picture. During the day that might be the case, but not so at night. What I failed to realize is that I look at the cameras most at night. That is when they are the most critical IMHO. I wish I had better night images.

LandofTomorrow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The CMIP3022-28 is obviously the better choice it's better in low light and also has a better sensor then the 3042. Now the starlight is still better then both you get more for your money. But yes the 3022 is the winner if it's between the 2 lts models. Also wouldn't buy this in the 2.8 I would get something like a 6mm. Also you know that only the 3022 has a 1/2.8"CMOS right ? The other is 1/3
Thanks. I missed that the 4MP has a 1/3 sensor. I presume it must have something to do with optics. On the first page on the dahua starlight varifocus review, @nayr mentioned that though it was a 1/2.8 it was better than others because of a superior sensor. So i guess there is something in the specs that should tell me that this 2mp 1/2.8 by LTS has an inferior sensor? or is that part of the mystery. @fenderman mentioned comparison pics. By any chance do you have any compared to the dahua starlights?

@rotorwash

Thank you. I guess I am getting even more convinced to go the Dahua route (provided the installer agrees to let me use my cameras)

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Digital WDR for one, instead of real WDR.. LTS are just Hik's and the Hik cameras with the IMX291 Sony Exmor-R Starvis sensor are these: Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

I doubt LTS has these models yet; they just filtering on to market and the first imported Hikvision anyone here got was just 2 or 3 weeks ago... when they do you'll find a model with comparable specs to those EasyIP 3.0 Low Light cams

LandofTomorrow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have posted several LTS examples as have others around the forum, spend some time looking around as fender suggested. I will tell you that the starlight model currently available from Dahua is prob. the best bang for your buck right now in the sub $200 price point!

LTS 2MP Dome & Turret install
HIKVision & LTS 3 & 4mp Camera review/example
IP Cameras, Multiple Locations
@zero-degrees
Thanks. I probably was searching incorrectly. I copied the exact model number into the search bar at the top and didnt get much hits but looks like you have similar LTS model cam pics. Thank you for the links. Also interesting that to my eye those pics of LTS look pretty good. But you still conclude that the Dahua are better. So those must be terrific. Very helpful

Digital WDR for one, instead of real WDR.. LTS are just Hik's and the Hik cameras with the IMX291 Sony Exmor-R Starvis sensor are these: Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

I doubt LTS has these models yet; they just filtering on to market and the first imported Hikvision anyone here got was just 2 or 3 weeks ago... when they do you'll find a model with comparable specs to those EasyIP 3.0 Low Light cams
Didnt know that. I guess eventually there will be hik/lts models that are similar but not at the moment. BTW, In the field of high end IP cameras, is failure pretty rare that needing warranty not a big deal? I ask because i was told by installer that LTS backs up products very well vs products from china.

By the way thank you all of u for responding so quickly. Wasnt expecting such a fast response. Now i just have to convince the installer to use cams that are not sourced from his suppliers in USA!!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most premature failures are due to poor installation; so warranty wont cover you when you get water in the connectors and fry them... if installed correctly the'll outlive the warranty more times than not, the cost savings of importing em often lets you afford to keep a spare or two on hand and mitigates that..

Dclemmons

n3wb
Reaction score

Hello I have a new job coming up soon and will need to install around 24 IP cameras and a NVR. I plan to use LTS products for this job. I am competing against a company quoting Hikvision. I am told they may be the same product though. My questions are. Should I run Cat6E cable to cameras for future proof. What indoor dome cameras by LTS would you suggest. I assume I should use 3mp correct? 4mp takes too much harddrive space and 2mp may be lower quality on zoom. I was however planning to use 4mp cameras for the 6 outdoor cameras and a 12 TB hard drive. Do you have any recommendations for LTS items for this project?

Dclemmons

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the 3042 and I wish the starlight cameras were as available as they are now. I would go the starlight route if I were to do over. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissatisfied at all with LTS or the 3042. I mistakenly thought more MP meant better picture. During the day that might be the case, but not so at night. What I failed to realize is that I look at the cameras most at night. That is when they are the most critical IMHO. I wish I had better night images.
Hello I have a new job coming up soon and will need to install around 24 IP cameras and a NVR. I plan to use LTS products for this job. I am competing against a company quoting Hikvision. I am told they may be the same product though. My questions are. Should I run Cat6E cable to cameras for future proof. What indoor dome cameras by LTS would you suggest. I assume I should use 3mp correct? 4mp takes too much harddrive space and 2mp may be lower quality on zoom. I was however planning to use 4mp cameras for the 6 outdoor cameras and a 12 TB hard drive. Do you have any recommendations for LTS items for this project?

Dclemmons

n3wb
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your post indicates that you dont understand cameras at all....sorry but you should not be installing anything...get some experience first.
Also DONT SPAM the forum by quoting multiple users with the same post.

Dclemmons

n3wb
Reaction score
Your post indicates that you dont understand cameras at all....sorry but you should not be installing anything...get some experience first.
Also DONT SPAM the forum by quoting multiple users with the same post.
Sorry I thought this forum was here to help people like myself who have questions. I was just looking for some advice. I'll try to remember not to bother you.