LTS cams bricked after enabling h264zip+

lansa

n3wb
Reaction score
This just happened.....enabled h264zip+ option on LTS 4MP bullets (CMIP9743-SZ ). They did a reboot and became unresponsive....all 4 cameras. I can ping the cameras but can't access the web interface. Anybody have any experience like this or know of a way to bring these back to life without having to remove them? I'd be forever in your debt.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do they still show up on SADP? Have you try to access them via the software? There should be a reset button on each camera if you remove the lens cover as a last resort or don't feel like troubleshooting, above the SD card slot (but you probably don't have to unmount them) should get them back to default setting.
How to reset:
Remove power
hold down the reset button
plug in power and keep holding down the reset button
wait 10-15 seconds, release reset button, if SADP goes back to 192.0.0.64 its defaulted. Goodluck!

lansa

n3wb
Reaction score
They dont come up on SADP. They show up on an ip scan and respond to pings.I will try to reset them, thanks for the tip. I didnt think these cameras could be defaulted but that gives me hope. That is a serious bug if merely selecting h264zip can disable them, really bad.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's a picture if you don't see the button, I would try it with the most accessible camera first and see if it works.Reset button location.JPG

Edit: if you have the motorized version and the cover doesn't seem to come off, the reset button might be on the cable or below the camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They dont come up on SADP. They show up on an ip scan and respond to pings.I will try to reset them, thanks for the tip. I didnt think these cameras could be defaulted but that gives me hope. That is a serious bug if merely selecting h264zip can disable them, really bad.
This is the first time ive seen this mentioned...

lansa

n3wb
Reaction score
These are motorized zoom. I've setup several of these cameras so I'm in no way new to these. Didnt think something simple as enabling h264zip would render them inoperable. This happened to 4 cameras so obviously its a serious firmware issue. Cameras are up on poles 14' up so this requires me sending out a tech to reset, hopefully won't have to replace them completely.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your other way to reset them to default will be to TFTP flash using the LTS firmware from their site (make sure you get the right model), which should default them without climbing up there (just need access to the POE switch so you can flash them one at a time by unplugging the others).

lansa

n3wb
Reaction score
I was wondering whether the TFTP flash will work with LTS cams. Any particular version of TFTP I'd need to use?

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Hikvision version will be fine, let me know if you want me to pm it to you.

lansa

n3wb
Reaction score
Fruit,

Just want to thank you for your help. TFTP worked like a charm, was able to get all cameras online. I really do appreciate your help, saved me alot of trouble.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Glad to hear it! It really helped that LTS organized their firmwares in an easy and clearly marked way (and updated!) unlike Hik or the impossible to find firmwares of Dahua

lansa

n3wb
Reaction score
Fruit,

Just want to let you know that TFTP saved my butt again today in a big way, and thought I'd thank you again for your help. I really appreciate it.