LTS CMIP3042W 4MP / 4mm

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just picked up this camera last week (Thanks @milkisbad)
Just a quick review and thoughts as I have seen much on this particular camera.
I got it installed last week and still playing around with the settings. So far I like it alot. Daytime shots are great and really impressed so far with the night shots. Now, the night shots aren't truely night since there is a light source near the camera, so it never fully switches over the B&W night mode. I attached a couple screenshots out of Blue Iris.

day.PNGnight.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@ekaz - might want to consider a full resolution image capture. Looks like your showing sub stream or just doing a screen capture or cropping the image.

Here are full resolution and example captures from the 3mp version CMIP3032 - 2.8mm and 4mm cameras

3mp 4mm example.jpgdrive.jpggarage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The second image is a night shot - OP has light. The images are not full resolution though..
Fenderman, the 2nd image is time stamped "4:32" which I assumes means 4:32PM. Unless that user is in Alaska (doubtful given the evident green foliage) there should still be a good deal of ambient light available at 4:30PM. No?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Fenderman, the 2nd image is time stamped "4:32" which I assumes means 4:32PM. Unless that user is in Alaska (doubtful given the evident green foliage) there should still be a good deal of ambient light available at 4:30PM. No?
@Q2U, I am guessing he has the camera set on 24hr. Check the garage in the top right of that picture, you can see that its dark and that a street light must be providing the ambiant light - that light must be almost directly above where the camera is. Also note the shadows in the parking spot with the gates that are open, they are cast based on an overhead street light above the camera. Also in the daytime picture you can see the shadow from the light pole and light.

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ekaz - might want to consider a full resolution image capture. Looks like your showing sub stream or just doing a screen capture or cropping the image.

Here are full resolution and example captures from the 3mp version CMIP3032 - 2.8mm and 4mm cameras

View attachment 6389View attachment 6390View attachment 6391
You are correct, it is just a screen capture as to include something in the post for the time being. I will grab a full res later this evening. Not sure what I can do about getting a full night shot as I cannot turn off the light source there.

RoysWing

n3wb
Reaction score
Just picked up this camera last week (Thanks @milkisbad)
Just a quick review and thoughts as I have seen much on this particular camera.
I got it installed last week and still playing around with the settings. So far I like it alot. Daytime shots are great and really impressed so far with the night shots. Now, the night shots aren't truely night since there is a light source near the camera, so it never fully switches over the B&W night mode. I attached a couple screenshots out of Blue Iris.

View attachment 6386View attachment 6387

VERY NICE! I plan to get these same cameras! Thanks for the post and update!