LTS Equivalent Dealer/Supplier?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Tyler C, Oct 5, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Tyler C

Tyler C n3wb

All,

My recent sales rep for LTS Security out of their Chicago office has recently had to take a leave of absence due to a work visa issue. She was absolutely incredible. Timely responses, called to see if I needed anything, and always got me the best price on equipment! I was passed off onto someone else for the time being. I was informed that the person I am now dealing with is the "team manager". Long story short, these past couple weeks have been a nightmare. Poor communication, lack of response, asked for a quote on Wednesday and still haven't got an email back. I have also noticed that in the one quote he did get me earlier in the week, it was full price and 30% higher overall then what I am normally quoted. I literally had to ask him to revisit past quotes to re-check his prices. I have had to seize operation temporarily because I can't get a response back from anyone. Can't have it.

All in all, LTS is about to lose a valued customer due to the "team manager" being incredibly lazy in my very short time with dealing with him.

My questions is this. Can anyone recommend a company and or service rep that can deliver comparable products and prices to those of LTS? I own and operate a small company in central Indiana installing IP Cameras. I do about 100-150K in sales every year, and I only do this part time. I am a full time police officer when not installing. Yes, I am just a small fish but I do incredibly well for just doing it on my time off.

Any feedback would be great or anyone can feel free to message me. BTW, I currently have about 20k sitting in estimates with people wanting to move forward with cameras but can't get a response for my quotes. Thanks again in advance.

Tyler

2. john-ipvm

john-ipvm Known around here

My understanding is that LTS offices compete against each other. Try contacting the Elk Grove Village LTS office and see if they will help you.

Btw, since you are a full time police officer, worth noting LTS is just rebranded Hikvision equipment, Hikvision is owned by the Chinese government, and the US government just signed a law banning their use for federal projects and federal funded ones.

3. Tyler C

Tyler C n3wb

John,

The Elk Grove Village office is the one I have been dealing with. According to their website, they appear to operate as one, or at least they all have the same email address. Also, I saw that. Does not effect me however.

If a project like that does come to me, Avigilon or Axis will be my go to.

4. john-ipvm

john-ipvm Known around here

They have another office listed in Chicago at 2463 S Archer Ave. Chicago, IL 60616, 312-800-0766

5. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

You may want to contact @RyanODan or @Sean Nelson from Nelly's Security - a vendor on this site. They sell rebranded hik and are very fast, efficient and responsive.

RyanODan and bp2008 like this.
  6. Tyler C

Tyler C n3wb

I used them when I first started. They can't compete with the prices I get at LTS.

7. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

Perhaps now that you order more, they can.

Tyler C likes this.
  8. Sean Nelson

Sean Nelson Pulling my weight

We can more than likely meet or beat LTS now for sure. Feel free to contact me and i will take a look.

fenderman, Sapo Concho and gwminor48 like this.
  9. pal251

pal251 Getting the hang of it

To with Sean , OP. Full time police here too but I don't do as much in sales as you...