LTS NVR Audio Out to Speakers

havjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a microphone connected to the Audio-In/G terminals of my Hikvision DS-2CD2942F-IS camera.
I've attached a photo at the end of this post showing how the camera and the mic are wired up.
I know the wiring is ok because I get both audio and video from the BlueIris mobile app.

However, I can't say the same thing about my LTS NVR.
I connected the NVR to my powered computer speakers, and I cannot figure out how to get audio out like I'm getting out of my BlueIris phone app. No audio to the speakers in either NVR live view or playback modes.

Here's how I connected the LTS NVR to my powered computer speaker system:

An RCA cable is connected to the NVR's Audio Out single female connection point. I only have the red male plug connected because the NVR has a single female RCA jack. The other end of the RCA cable is actually a 3.5mm stereo plug. This stereo plug is plugged into the powered speaker system.

I've enabled audio (per LTS manual for the NVR) for the camera.

Like I said, Blue Iris plays the audio. How do I get the NVR to play the recorded audio while I'm doing playback or in Live View? I have the audio slider turned all the way up and the speakers cranked up. But, not sound comes out.

Anybody been able to get this to work with either an LTS NVR or Hikvision NVR?
Note: I'm using the Audio-In connector of the IP camera. The camera itself does NOT have a built in microphone, which is why I purchased a separate microphone. This is the microphone.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G82MKCY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Many thanks!

CamMic.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.